After reading through the thread 'Boss MT-2', I decided that I'd search through and look at the Metal Muff.

Reviews on this and a few other sites I google'd up seemed to match them up relatively equally. (the MT-2 and Metal Muff, that is)

So, uber-ultra-super-mega-ultimate Ultimate Guitar-goers, which should I buy tonight?
Attachments:
x.jpg
xx.jpg
I'd be surprised if anyone tells you to take the MT-2 if compared to the Metal Muff.Get the Metal Muff.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
I'd be surprised if anyone tells you to take the MT-2 if compared to the Metal Muff.Get the Metal Muff.

im gonna say the MT-2 just because u said nobody would say it.
the metal muff is ****ing amazing. blows the mt-2 out of the water, even the keeley modified one.
yea thats good considering i got mine for 240. Billy Hyde u getting it at?
Sigs are too hard to think up
It's pretty good, although you can save 30-40 bucks on a 2nd hand one in as new condition.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
I own both, but I don't like any of them. In my opinion, the Metal Muff is the best out of those two, though.
I don't like either pedal, but if you're going to go with the Metal Muff I'd recommend the Nano Pocket Metal Muff. I A/B'd the Metal Muff with Top Boost next to the Nano, the Nano sounded better. Plus, the Top Boost is a joke. I'm sure some like it though.
your question has to be : metal muff or Pro co rat

and i would say: Pro co rat!!!
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
I once owned an MT-2. It sounded very thin and trebly (the annoying kind of treble). I returned it, and got a Metal Muff, which is 1000000 times better. It's easier to mod, and just gives out a better overall tone. The Metal Muff pretty much rapes the MT-2 in every way possible.
1950s Reissue Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Gold Top Les Paul
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Ibanez TS-9
Boss BF-3
Boss DD-6
Wylde Signature Cry Baby
DigiTech Whammy 4
I own the Boss MT-2... The tone is extremely thrashy, but i only use it in front of my 15 watt... it sounds sweet in front of my half stack. Its really versitile. But go with the Metal Muff. I actually wish i bought the Metal Muff instead.
Quote by universal_man
is Metal Muff a Japan made?

Mine says it's made in the USA.
Get the Metal Muff no question. I did a sound test with them, Metal Muff pisses all over it.
+Another for the Metal Muff. And I reccomend the $90 two switch model with full 3 band EQ and adjustable/switchable top boost. The top boost might be my favourite boosty thing ever.
I don't find one much better then the other. Metal Muff is a bit warmer, but thats it. Both are fizzy and noisy. Look into an AMT Extreme III. Its like a recto in a box.
Metal Muff no question
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by CJRocker
I don't find one much better then the other. Metal Muff is a bit warmer, but thats it. Both are fizzy and noisy.

Agreed. The rough grainy fuzz of the metal muff is a big turn off for me, especially when I need a hi-gain but smooth lead tone, the MM just doesnt cut it.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers