This is not a green day related thread.

Tim's the man =D

hm, I know he uses a Marshall amp on the first Rancid - Rancid an on ...and out come, but hm, what kind of Marshall? ^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
lol i dunno, but this is kinda funny, everyone wants to know what Tim used, not what any good punk guitarists use.
well I don't really care about tim, I just like his sound on those albums :p
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
I have no idea, but if I agree that his sound on those albums is pretty good.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Billie Joe was basiclly in Rancid, you know. So this could be a Green Day thread.

This would be my best guess: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-JVM410H-Amp-Head-1960A-1960B-Half-Stack?sku=481485
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by BrianApocalypse
My guess would be a Marshall MG and a Boss MT-2, and an Ibanez.

You can really get Tim's sound with any decent guitar with humbuckers and decent amp.
I don't like his tone at all. Wouldn't it be more productive to duplicate Lars' tone? Especially since Tim's guitar is usually barely audible?
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
well i think both of their tones kicked ass in lets go!

and tims tone isnt bad in my opinion in the first album where he played the only guitar

i think he used an sg or something for that
i think i read it in an interview
He sounded like a weenie in Operation Ivy. I hate it, even though I like there music.

His guitar tone, that is.
Quote by element4433
Billie Joe was basiclly in Rancid, you know. So this could be a Green Day thread.

This would be my best guess: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-JVM410H-Amp-Head-1960A-1960B-Half-Stack?sku=481485

I'm pretty positive it couldnt have been the JVM, those were made pretty recently as theyre a basically an improved sequel to the JCM 2000s. I dont know what he used on the album, all wikipedia had was that he played a Gibson SG through a Marshall. If i had to geuss i'd say a JCM 800 or JCM 900.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant
Quote by LastCaress88
I'm pretty positive it couldnt have been the JVM, those were made pretty recently as theyre a basically an improved sequel to the JCM 2000s. I dont know what he used on the album, all wikipedia had was that he played a Gibson SG through a Marshall. If i had to geuss i'd say a JCM 800 or JCM 900.
I'm not good with equipment
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by hooligan07
and tims tone isnt bad in my opinion in the first album where he played the only guitar

I'll have to agree with you there.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
don't forget the punk ass leather jacket with studs all over that is very crucial to tims sound