i just got my mallory 150 caps for my valve junior mod today. the problem i have is that there is no discernable marking to say which end is positive and which is negative. i dont want to just put them in because i have been advised that caps can explode when wired in reverse.

thanks guys.

duncan.
Thank you please.
Quote by deadlydunc
i just got my mallory 150 caps for my valve junior mod today. the problem i have is that there is no discernable marking to say which end is positive and which is negative. i dont want to just put them in because i have been advised that caps can explode when wired in reverse.

thanks guys.

duncan.

I'm fairly sure you would have non-polarised caps, which means that you can plug them in any way you would like. What microfarad values are we talking about here? That's one of the easiest ways to work out if they are polarised or not.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
I'm fairly sure you would have non-polarised caps, which means that you can plug them in any way you would like. What microfarad values are we talking about here? That's one of the easiest ways to work out if they are polarised or not.

they are mallory 150 / 0.022 uf / 650 volts / +/- 5%
Thank you please.
Quote by deadlydunc
they are mallory 150 / 0.022 uf / 650 volts / +/- 5%

Ahhh, you've got coupling caps there by the looks of it. They aren't polarised, so it won't particularly matter which way you stick them. There is however some mojo surrounding the polarity on non-polarised caps, however I don't think it will matter too much with your upgrade.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
Ahhh, you've got coupling caps there by the looks of it. They aren't polarised, so it won't particularly matter which way you stick them. There is however some mojo surrounding the polarity on non-polarised caps, however I don't think it will matter too much with your upgrade.

Yes, yes, and yes.

These are metalized polyester film caps.
There is no difference in function regardless of which direction they are connected.
Conventional wisdom will tell you that in a non-polarized cap, the end connected to the OUTER wrap of foil is preferred for connecting to ground, PS, or the output of an earlier stage. That provides a minuscule advantage at shielding hum and noise.

If you can tell the difference between which end is which, fine. If not, no worries.
We're talking a drop of water in the ocean, regarding the difference.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.