I had an attempt at thrash metal.

It's another friday night, with nothing else to do!
Goin down the street, scoring me some booze!
Gonna have some weed, gonna have some fun!
Pretty ****ing soon, we'll be on the run!

Let's get annihilated!
Let's go out and let's get wasted! (x4)

We rock up to a party, we've already had a few
We're gonna stay and thrash, until the night is through!
This is how we do it, every goddamn time!
This is how we party, and we're doin' fine!

Let's get annihilated!

'nother saturday morning, a hangover to boot!
Go wake up my friend, he's asleep in puke!
We woke up in a gutter, how did we get here!?
Back to the ****ing store, we're gonna need more beer!

Let's get annihilated!
Let's go out and let's get wasted! (x8)
I don't know alot about thrash metal but, it seems to fit (which is pretty good considering I hate thrash)
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Sounds like PINK! to me
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
theres a few areas i would change around a few things not many though what chords were you planing on using for this piece?
complete garbage

most thrash, even early thrash, is/was not just about partying and getting beer and weed

Try being a little more creative

and if you want to stick with the ' goin' out to party ' subject matter, which is more common in hair metal bands than thrash, at least put some thought into it. This seems like you spent 2 minutes writing it on the bus ride home from school.
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
Last edited by Leper Affinity at Nov 15, 2007,
This is just one song. Not every song i've written is about drinking and partying and getting wasted, but you can't deny that partying is a big part of today's thrash.
Quote by maccas666
This is just one song. Not every song i've written is about drinking and partying and getting wasted, but you can't deny that partying is a big part of today's thrash.

I'm not judging every song you have ever written, I am judging this one, the one that is about partying and drinking, and I would consider most of today's thrash being centered around the same things early thrash was; progressive thinking, anti-establishment points of view, violence ( through many mediums ranging from straight-up fights to war and genocide), and religion ( both pro and con ).

And as I stated earlier, it really isn't the subject matter that is the complete problem, but that it is so poorly written that it seems like you wrote it with very little thought and effort.

Quote by maccas666

Let's get annihilated!

the chorus for instance, the rhyme seems forced, and the rhythm is thrown off by making the second line fairly long.

" Lets get annihilated, Let's get wasted " seems to have a better feeling, even though I don't like the choice of words ( but that is personal preference )

Quote by maccas666

'nother saturday morning, a hangover to boot!
Go wake up my friend, he's asleep in puke!
We woke up in a gutter, how did we get here!?
Back to the ****ing store, we're gonna need more beer!

To Boot and Puke both seem stressed, and not very creative, and the entire section really contradicts the " go wild and have a good time " theme of the song. This would be fine if you were making a point against going out and getting wasted, but you then switch back to it. This does emphasize that a lot of people do go out and get trashed night after night, which is a lifestyle not dictated by genre, but I felt that the entire section created such a contradictory point to itself that most people who actually pay attention to this part will be confused by what your actual message is, or will think you are promoting a negative lifestyle and stereotype.

If you want to keep the entire theme, IMO I think you should re-work the lyrics, and either make it pro-party or con-party, not a mixture of the two that doesn't meld together well at all, leaving it very anti-climatic. Put some real thought into it, and come up with something that is really worthwhile to headbang to.

And yes, I do go ' over-board ' late at night when I can't sleep, so I probably said too much already.

Take care buddy, and if you record some stuff send me some links, I'd like to see what you and your band could crank out.
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
Thank you, i apreciate your views and advice but the reason the last verse i sort of a con is because this is based on actual events. The saturday after we could barely stand up so we went out and got wasted agen "we're gonna need more beer" the song is meant to be fairly short, otherwise id add a verse about that saturday night.

As for the chorus its suppose to be sort of chanted, crowd hopefully singing along.
"let's get anhialted" is sung fairly slowly then "let's go out and let's get wasted" at a faster tempo.
Bit simple, but for the genre I guess that's normal.

Hmm, how about the first chorus line being sung normally by the lead vox and the second line being sung back by the backing vox (rest of band?) and crowd...

The rhyming works well, but I really don't like the first line of the last verse
yeah i do like your idea with it being sung by me first then the crowd, thanx for your input =]