Today, when I turned on my amp and put my effects pedal through....they sounded wrong, they weren't delaying the way I had set them. It kept slightly distorting on clean channels and generally being irritating, which worried me because it's been so reliable. My amp just doesn't do that.

Then it hit me, my house is stupidly hot, people keep turning up the heating loads and the back of my amp is against the radiator. I've unplugged it and taken it out into the hallway where it is cooler, hoping it will cool down and will be finding another place in my room for it.

Will my amp ever be back to normal!?
I'm really scared that i've ruined it through overheating, SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IT WILL BE OKAY!
Does it only do that when you use the pedals? Best thing to do is make sure it's cooled down completely before you turn it back on, then try again. If it carries on, you may need to take it to an amp tech.
Maybe its one of those SS amp failures?
Gear
MIJ Fender '57 Stratocaster
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
maybe it sucked itself to death.
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
As someone already said above, first try it without the pedal.

Also an option, try it with a different cable, and if possible a different guitar.

This helps determine if the problem really is in your amp.
Gear
- ESP Ltd Viper-200
- Peavey Valve King 212

Quote by DC METAL666
You know you're a guitar player when you finger your fretboard more than your girlfriend
Quote by racerXazn
maybe it sucked itself to death.

You know....telling me how much it supposedly "sucks" does not help me.

I'm sorry i'm not loaded so can't buy ridiculous amps. I loved that amp, it had supreme reverb and sounded really nice and held all my drone effects really well.

So next time, when someone needs help, say something constructive.
Not to be an ass, but you can get amps much nicer for the cost of that mg.

But on to the question... I guess it's a wait and see game at this point. Gotta see if you fried any of the electronic circuitry... One question though... Why in the hell would you have your amp up against a radiator?!
to not give useless comment for a change - since its not a valve amp and MG's break more than old peoples bones - it sounds as if somethings either melted or gone kaboom in the amp - if you really want, go have it checked over down at your local music shop
If your thread is legitimate and you really have concerns about this amp, I hope that you don't have any lasting problems with it when it cools down. But if this was just a creative ploy to get the tight knit group of children who seem to extract some perverse joy out of knocking the mg line of Marshall amps, then I say get a life. I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but I am just so sick of this forum allowing this sort of nonsense to go on. I wonder if this forum couldn't be held liable for slander or some other legal issues by this ongoing chidlish behaviour by these kids.
Quote by PurpleFlavoured
You know....telling me how much it supposedly "sucks" does not help me.

I'm sorry i'm not loaded so can't buy ridiculous amps. I loved that amp, it had supreme reverb and sounded really nice and held all my drone effects really well.

So next time, when someone needs help, say something constructive.

That is one of the problems around here. People forget that helping is one of the things they're meant to do...

Anyway, it would help me help you if you could answer the question I asked. Does it only happen when you use the pedal? Also, what pedal is it? I remember having a problem like this with my Behringer reverb pedal before I threw it out of the window (I jest not).
The low-quality components might have melted. If you use most MG's at over (or under) 72.5 degrees Farenheight, they melt (or freeze). Try keepig it out of direct sunlight, and away from any moving air currents. If at all possibble, invest in a nice vacuum-sealed humidor for it. They sell them on Marshall.com.
Quote by lime dna
If your thread is legitimate and you really have concerns about this amp, I hope that you don't have any lasting problems with it when it cools down. But if this was just a creative ploy to get the tight knit group of children who seem to extract some perverse joy out of knocking the mg line of Marshall amps, then I say get a life. I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but I am just so sick of this forum allowing this sort of nonsense to go on. I wonder if this forum couldn't be held liable for slander or some other legal issues by this ongoing chidlish behaviour by these kids.

Why would I do that!?....that's just stupid.
I am concerned. I wouldn't make a thread otherwise, I don't care if people hate my amp, I like it and wanted to know if it'll still work.
Quote by Denthúl
That is one of the problems around here. People forget that helping is one of the things they're meant to do...

Anyway, it would help me help you if you could answer the question I asked. Does it only happen when you use the pedal? Also, what pedal is it? I remember having a problem like this with my Behringer reverb pedal before I threw it out of the window (I jest not).

No, it happens when I don't use the pedal aswell.

It's a zoom G2, my current best friend.

In half an hour it's crunch time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing has been fried.
As said, try running your guitar right into the amp. If you're still having issues, try a different cable, and if it persists, try a different guitar. If it still is not working, something probably went bad in it.

The low-quality components might have melted. If you use most MG's at over (or under) 72.5 degrees Farenheight, they melt (or freeze).

I guess I got the miracle MG then, mine used to set in a non-AC room all summer that sat at 84 degrees F on a good day and nothing went wrong with it.
Crisis over!

My amp is okay ^_^! It's delaying beautifully again and the clean channels aren't distorting or anything.

If only you knew the joy in my heart right now. !
Quote by PurpleFlavoured
Crisis over!

If only you knew the joy in my heart right now. !

ok fair enough, but you sound like Jane Austen
Quote by Denthúl
Congratulations.

Any idea what the problem was in the end?

I think it was just unhappy with being stupidly hot and I've moved it well away from the radiator.

--------------

As for sounding like Jane Austen..........GOOD! I wanted to...
It's solid state. there's always the possibility that transistors or something have melted
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Heat and electronics never go well together . Its about how much air is passing over the electronics, humidity, yadda yadda yadda. Still air and add in heat....never a good deal.

Glad you got it back working! That is an expensive unit to be sure.

Chris