1.Ionian
2.Dorian
3.Phrygian
4.Lydian
5.Mixolydian
6.Aeolian
7.Lorian

However,how do I apply it to a solo?

If I were to start a solo on the 3rd fret on the E string and go for an aeolian(minor scale) approach and wanted to move up to the 8th fret would I continue to solo in the minor scale or,since Aeolian started on the 3rd fret being G would that mean the solo would now be in Phyrigan (sp?)do I play in Phrygian or just restart the minor aeolian over again just 6 frets down?

confused?Me too.
I find it a little confusing to think of the modes in that way all the time (degrees of the major scale that is). I find it helps sometimes to know what all of the modes sound like, and then know the formulas back to the major scale as well. So if your in the key E and want an aeolian sound, plug in the formula (1, 2, b3, 4, 5, b6, b7) to the major scale and use that scale. In the key of E it would be E, F#, G, A, B, C, D, E. I know my way probably isn't the good way to think of modes, but it works for me!
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Try and check the Music Theory post in the Musician section

Link here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503032

It has a heap of information about scales

and some great links to other threads about the topic you want to know more about.
Gear
- ESP Ltd Viper-200
- Peavey Valve King 212

Quote by DC METAL666
You know you're a guitar player when you finger your fretboard more than your girlfriend
you can use the aeolian or you can use the pitch axis theory and go for the scale that has the same notes but in the key you are playing. E.G. The G aeolian is G A A# C D D# F, changing to the eighth fret you move your note to C. You would play in the scale which has the same notes as the original key so in this case you would play a C dorian.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!