Page 1 of 2
The greatest game ever. I recently got back into it, and after all these years of playing it, I still only have 113 Stars. What a great game though.

Discuss
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
yea but the gameplay was and still is amazing. Plus it reminds me of being a little kid everytime i play it
gone." - J.Lansdowne
I used to love doing walljumps.

And the noise our Italian maestro makes when you do a triple jump....

..It brings a tear to my eyes..
Quote by Don_Humpador

yea man. So has anyone actually beaten the game and gottne all 120 stars?
gone." - J.Lansdowne
I have once, but it was with the help of my cousin. Has anyone gotten up to the yoshi thing on top of the castle?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
I have all 120, yeah! Ah, good times... Bowser was pretty epic at that time.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
I have all 120, yeah! Ah, good times... Bowser was pretty epic at that time.

It was kind of a waste of time to get them, too.

What the **** am I going to do with ninety nine lives when I've already completely beaten the game?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
you get 99 lives when you finally get them all? damn that spoiled it for me. dont you like get to see yoshi or something too?
gone." - J.Lansdowne
yup. I remember that game. I bought it beaten. haha. Yoshi was weird...
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
SMB3 > Mario 64.

Nevertheless, M64 was a perfect transition to 3D.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Don_Humpador

Yah! Hoo! Waahaa!

Jab jab kick (triple B) was also awesome. Jah! Wah! Hoo!

The good ol' days.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
love that game, also got stuck into it again during the summer, just finally got the 120 stars about a week ago, it was emotional
Nintendo needs to bring back the green boot from the sky level in Mario 3... and the tanooki suit.
But yeah, Mario 64 is an awesome game. I've beaten it twice with getting all 120 stars. It took me a long time to do the first time, but the second time around (nearly 10 years later) it only took me three days. I just hope Galaxy is good.
What can we do with a canoe that will make people say, "Oh No, What's Wrong With Them?"
On youtube theres a video of someone completing it in like 10 mins. Is sick. He uses one cheat otherwise he would have to get 60 stars i think to get where he wants to go, but its still awesome.
mario galaxy better live up to all this hype, there hasnt been a truely GREAT mario game since mario 64
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Quote by GD_GC
mario galaxy better live up to all this hype, there hasnt been a truely GREAT mario game since mario 64

aww come on! Sunshine was a great game.
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
I was playing it 5 minutes ago, before I came on UG

No joke

I'm at school

Emulators ftw!
Quote by filthandfury

No joke

I'm at school

Emulators ftw!

I had an emulator at school not to long ago, but it got busted
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Quote by dreamtheater91
aww come on! Sunshine was a great game.

A great game but was no way it could lived up to the hype of M64. There was an expectation for something revolutionary but there wasn't a large enough difference in N64 and Gamecube to allow that. The thing that I think pissed off most people was it didn't feel like a Mario game because of the tropical setting and there were a lot of new characters which didn't feel as good as the many old characters they forgot. That is where Galaxy has rectified itself. Galaxy is also more like a compilation of the tougher retro levels from Sunshine which everyone loved and hated in equal measure (they were brilliant but after dropping off a twisting block when trying to get to another twisting block far below it, it was annoying after 20 tries).
Quote by JimmyStradlin33
On youtube theres a video of someone completing it in like 10 mins. Is sick. He uses one cheat otherwise he would have to get 60 stars i think to get where he wants to go, but its still awesome.

The 16 stars "cheat"? I tried toing that. I can't glitch the rabbit through the basement door to open the second Bowser door. But I managed to be able to long-jump backwards and get to the top of the endless stairs with only 40 stars though!
Quote by filthandfury

No joke

I'm at school

Emulators ftw!

Where did you get it from? I tried hunting it down the other day with no luck

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
someone put it on the shared folder we have on our network thing and then i put it on my personal drive thing.
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Ah dammit!

I don't suppose you know where I could find it on teh interwebz?

Anyone?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Anyone remember Peach's slide thing? I think it's like Star No. 20 or so, that thing was the br00talz.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Anyone remember Peach's slide thing? I think it's like Star No. 20 or so, that thing was the br00talz.

It was fine. It was the penguin race that was the mega slide. It'd be great if there was some sort of nod back to that slide in Galaxy because it'd be great.
and then there was the slide in the mushroom level in the mountains, that one was hard
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Just Google for Project64 (emulator) and Super Mario 64 (rom)
Last edited by filthandfury at Nov 14, 2007,
so what was everyones favorite level in mario 64?
gone." - J.Lansdowne
I got all 120 stars... when i finally found the secret i was like WTF? that's it? Screw this shit, i'm gonna go play Zelda!

and so i did
Quote by Don_Humpador
Visually a little bit outdated though.

NO WAI!

That game was so awesome though. So many awesome little tweeks and exploits. Seriously, entertainment for 2nd grade through 6th grade.
Quote by GD_GC
I had an emulator at school not to long ago, but it got busted

I use my iPod as a mass storage unit, and put all of my ROMs and emulators on there, and just open them at school.

I have a class where I'm on a laptop all period, so I'll just open up my emulators and play games.

I mostly play Ocaraina of Time, but I'll bust out Super Mario World, Pokemon Stadium, Wave Race, etc. from time to time.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by filthandfury
No, but OoT > MM

I actually think MM > OoT

Only by a teeny bit though

Quote by fallenangel20
I use my iPod as a mass storage unit, and put all of my ROMs and emulators on there, and just open them at school.

I have a class where I'm on a laptop all period, so I'll just open up my emulators and play games.

I mostly play Ocaraina of Time, but I'll bust out Super Mario World, Pokemon Stadium, Wave Race, etc. from time to time.

...*adds emulators and roms to iPod*
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Let it be known I really rather dislike Fagballs games. Especially OoT and MM.

Most overrated games EVAR.

Also, Ur Mr. Gay 64 was an awesome game for its time, being the first true 3d platformer and all; but has since been far surpassed. I can't go back to it anymore, the nostalgia just isn't strong enough.

The DS version let me play it again though, simply because back in 2004 playing Mr. Gay 64 on a handheld was god damn amazing.
what's with calling him Mr. Gay?
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Page 1 of 2