Ok, so I have an Epiphone G-400 and on musicians friend I found a Gibson SG Faded Series for $580. and I can't decide if it's worth it to buy the Gibson or just keep with my Epiphone. I've wanted to be a Gibson owner ever since I started playing guitar but I never came across one for this cheap.. so what should I do?
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
It depends on what budget you currently have.

And secondly, the difference between an Epiphone and a low prices Gibson isn't that big. But if you want to for the Gibson brand, by all means do, it's still a great guitar.
Gear
- ESP Ltd Viper-200
- Peavey Valve King 212

Quote by DC METAL666
You know you're a guitar player when you finger your fretboard more than your girlfriend
gibson faded series blows blows blows

NEVER buy a faded unless you play it first. quality control for the faded series is like trying to take a dump and have it the same length and width everytime. impossible.
keep your epi for now, and keep the money, save up to get a standard
SG commando

Inserts hilarious quote here
Yeah, keep the Epiphone if you're happy with it, and save for an SG Standard if you want an SG.

The Faded Series aren't gonna be much better than the G400, possibly not even as good!!!
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Owning a Gibson in no way, shape, or form enhances your masculinity.

Sorry.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.