Page 1 of 2
Anyone actually heard this song? Its ridiculous, and just adds to te general feeling that people who are in this type of music industry (hip-hop I think, or RnB, or whatever the genre is) are all delusional retards with false perceptions of grandure.
My brother was listening to it during a commercial break. As the song title suggests he begins by taking the blame for all the bad things he has done in his life, which is admirable, and the listener begins to think that he is correct in his statement that as he gets older he has to accept more responsibility for his actions. However, at the end of the song he then goes on to say that it is actually everybody else who is to blame for everything bad that he has done, and that he is infalable. Then he tries to be a hero by saying that he will willingly take the blame for these people. I mean, what the ****? He just proved that he is just as stupid and irresponsible as always, and has not realised anything as he gets older.
Sorry about the rant but it just annoyed me so much that songs like this one, putting the blame on everyone else, are so popular, I mean, if this guy is a hero to so many teenagers how do you expect the world will turn out in 20 years, with nobody accepting any responsibility for anything.
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
Don't forget his fugly voice as well.

the funny thing is though that my friend who freaked out when I said that I like Marilyn Manson since a couple of weeks ago, going all "Dude, you emo now? You've changed your taste in music COMPLETELY omg" (yes he didn't comprehend that I still listen to the old stuff, lol) said last week that he likes THAT song.
Akon is stupid . As a matter of fact the whole concept of Hip Hop is stupid
Hi
It's a song...albeit a very bad one, but it's still a song, don't take it so seriously.
Quote by abhishek21

Quote by JackalUK
It's a song...albeit a very bad one, but it's still a song, don't take it so seriously.

If songs are not to be taken seriously does this not rule out the purpose of songs as a medium for expression and emotion?
Quote by Malakian=God
If songs are not to be taken seriously does this not rule out the purpose of songs as a medium for expression and emotion?

Thank you. What a silly comment that other one was...

And seriously, what, is he trying to make himself out to be Jesus or something? Jesus may have been black, but he wasn't a hip-hop artist.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Malakian=God

Hey, singing about getting crazy and capping ass is expression as well
Quote by Malakian=God

A song is whatever the writer wants it to be.

Now I dislike Akon as much as the next guy but you ARE taking his words too seriously. Who gives a crap what he sings about, it isn't necessarily true.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
This Akon song may be bad, but once I saw the new Tila Tequila song, that's when I said
"Oh Shi-t... The world of music is now officially dying, isn't it?"
My comment was silly was it, then I suppose that Dave Mustaine must be a serial killer as a lot of his songs are about killing. The Prodigy must all be abusive to women because they want you to Smack Your Bitch Up... just because it's a personal art form doensn't mean we have to accept all the lyrics. It's still a song at the end of the day.
This song is about him freak dancing or kissing a 14 year old on stage (in a +18 club), so he is saying sorry to his wife and stuff. "Sorry for being a pedo should be the real lyrics"
Quote by Malakian=God

A song is a personal expression of writer. As a listner you have a right wether you want to relate to that song or not.

Personally I don't like Rnb and Hip Hop and I don't give a **** about Akon . I think you are taking the lyrics too seriously . As far as question of taking responsiblity is concerned . Whatwill happen in next 20 years is not that easy to predict . Just relax
dude . I can name100 crappy song like that.
Hi
Akon belongs in a zoo.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
This will be in future history books, 'cuz it sure does mark the end of the popular-music-era (~1905 - 2007).
Quote by -Vogel-
This will be in future history books, 'cuz it sure does mark the end of the popular-music-era (~1905 - 2007).

What are you trying to prove?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Will mod ban me . If I'll rant about Hip Hop ??

Edit: Why would someone put that untalented bitch in a history book??
Hi
Quote by SteveHouse
What are you trying to prove?

That the song linked to is the death of music as we know it. Instruments won't be sold for the upcoming 2-300 years, everything will be made in fruity loops, and then there will be a renaissance in music. This is the events that will unfold.

Think of Lil Mama as Voltaire but the opposite: She spawns a new way of thinking, a retarded one.
You think we will get the Gibson Les Paul Fruity Loops Series of guitars? That would be something for the record books
Quote by abhishek21
Will mod ban me . If I'll rant about Hip Hop ??

Edit: Why would someone put that untalented bitch in a history book??
You'll be fine as long as you rant in an intellegent way, and not "zomg fukn hip hopz fukn sux"

Elemedit: I don't care about the music that everyone else listens to, as long as there are is a good underground music scene.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Nov 14, 2007,
Quote by -Vogel-
That the song linked to is the death of music as we know it. Instruments won't be sold for the upcoming 2-300 years, everything will be made in fruity loops, and then there will be a renaissance in music. This is the events that will unfold.

Think of Lil Mama as Voltaire but the opposite: She spawns a new way of thinking, a retarded one.

Situation 1: That song is popular.
It will pass soon enough. Real music has never been made in that genre anyway.

Situation 2: That song is not popular.
WTF are you worried about?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by abhishek21

As a matter of fact, that isn't a fact. It's an opinion, and a totally misinformed and ignorant one at that. First, Akon isn't Hip Hop, he's nowhere near. To say the concept of Hip Hop (which is more than a genre, it's a culture) is stupid, is like saything the genre of Rock is stupid.

You can't judge Hip Hop by a guy that doesn't represent it at all. It's like judging metal by Nickleback or something.
If you'll ask any person . What are the greatest songs in his opinion ?. No one will name a hip hop or R&b song . If you are lucky enough to find someone who names one just slap him .
Hi
Quote by abhishek21
If you'll ask any person . What are the greatest songs in his opinion ?. No one will name a hip hop or R&b song . If you are lucky enough to find someone who names one just slap him .

Try you little experiment with 200 people that are representative of the population. You won't get zero hip-hop responses.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

The Halo 3 version of the song is much better.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by abhishek21

Oh man, what? I don't know whether to take you seriously...

Your argument proves nothing, in fact, it's not even an argument, just self serving nonsense.
Quote by abhishek21
A song is a personal expression of writer. As a listner you have a right wether you want to relate to that song or not.

Personally I don't like Rnb and Hip Hop and I don't give a **** about Akon . I think you are taking the lyrics too seriously . As far as question of taking responsiblity is concerned . Whatwill happen in next 20 years is not that easy to predict . Just relax
dude . I can name100 crappy song like that.

It doesnt matter if you dont give a **** about Akon, the fact is theat the majority of people in the western world are now listyening, and taking to heart what these "artists" are saying through their music, and history shows that areas such as these are greatly influential, and therefore could ahve an effect on the way society will go.
In essence yes, but not strictly true. Don't forget what happened in the 90's. Massive surge in popularity in heavy metal and the back end of the punk regeneration, the grunge turned up suddenly and put the other 2 to sleep for years. Not saying hip hop and r&b are gonna go the same way, but it's not to say another music form isn't gonna pop up and take center stage.
Quote by abhishek21

So you say that to combat the people who listen to this sort of music, which is mainly about violence (at least hip-hop/rap is), we use violence. God, why bother commenting?
And I would say that most people of the younger generation nowadays would put a song from these genres as their favorite, or at least a song from the charts which are mainly comprising of this type of music.
Rock and "hip hop" have changed and progressed into the same thing into the modern years. A bunch of people looking to make it rich trying to rhyme a lot of words that sound good together.

The majority of Rock used to have a meaning, now most doesn't. Some hip hop used to actually have deep, poetic lyrics... now it doesn't. Plain and simple. Music now sucks.

Almost no rock songs even tell a story or opinion any more. They're about how "my shadow is the only one that walks beside me" and "my heart is in Ohio." **** that.

I mean, I REALLY hate to sound like I'm coming anywhere close to defending the ****ty rap industry... but at least Akon was using life events.
Quote by JackalUK
In essence yes, but not strictly true. Don't forget what happened in the 90's. Massive surge in popularity in heavy metal and the back end of the punk regeneration, the grunge turned up suddenly and put the other 2 to sleep for years. Not saying hip hop and r&b are gonna go the same way, but it's not to say another music form isn't gonna pop up and take center stage.

But this is different. Hip Hop and RnB in this form have already been popular for nearly a decade. It won't all of a sudden gain extra popularity, because the people who would normally follow the crowd are already in the crowd.
Quote by JackalUK

i think you misunderstood my point. I wasnt trying to say that the problem is the genre, more that the problem is the effects of the popularity of the genre i.e. people taking the lyrics to heart and actually trying to imatate what these artists are trying to say.
An example on a small scale would be those 2 teenagers who commited suicide due to Judas Priest records (lets not get into the details or arguments here), but you see how music can have a great effect on people.
A wider example would be in the 60's when all the "love and peace" music was produced, and evidently this had a large effect on people.
Thinking about your replies . I admit that "greatest song" experiment might not work on all kind of listners. But can still be considered as an argument , since it will work on people inclined towards rock, metal and other type of music.

And to TS: The study like this exist also about T.V and Voilent Videogames but we still enjoy them . Like I said it's the choice of a listner to relate to the lyrics or not.
Hi
^Ah, I'd argue that the counter-culture created "love and peace" music, not the other way around.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by abhishek21
Thinking about your replies . I admit that "greatest song" experiment might not work on all kind of listners. But can still be considered as an argument , since it will work on people inclined towards rock, metal and other type of music.

And to TS: The study like this exist also about T.V and Voilent Videogames but we still enjoy them . Like I said it's the choice of a listner to relate to the lyrics or not.

Of course it will apply. They don't like the kind of music you're referring to so of course you get the results you want.

And.... A good body of recent media effects literature actually suggests that TV violence doesn't cause violent behavior, and a lot of kids use violent videogames as outlets and such. (i.e., the Manhunt kid doesn't shoot up his high school, but the kid who shoots up his high school is likely to be a Manhunt kid.)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by abhishek21

That's retarded.
I can name 100 amazing rap songs that I would listen to rather than metal or rock music. I'll take D12 or Eminem over some untalented band like Metallica anyday
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by abhishek21

Dude, if I asked 100 people what they thought about clowns, then went to a circus for my answers it wouldn't be considered a test or experiment, or whatever. It would be totally bias and would be rightfully disreguarded.

So yeah, conducting a hypothetical unfair experiment can't be considered as an argument against Hip Hop.
Quote by ibryant0915
Rock and "hip hop" have changed and progressed into the same thing into the modern years. A bunch of people looking to make it rich trying to rhyme a lot of words that sound good together.

The majority of Rock used to have a meaning, now most doesn't. Some hip hop used to actually have deep, poetic lyrics... now it doesn't. Plain and simple. Music now sucks.

Almost no rock songs even tell a story or opinion any more. They're about how "my shadow is the only one that walks beside me" and "my heart is in Ohio." **** that.

I mean, I REALLY hate to sound like I'm coming anywhere close to defending the ****ty rap industry... but at least Akon was using life events.

So your argument is what? That rock bands used to talk about their "life events" and this is what gave rock meaning?
But just two lines up you quoted from two seperate new songs that sing about lirfe events.
Am I the only one who is confused by this argument??
P.S. I can name many current bands that are not in it for the money, so do some research and quit being trapped in the nostalgia of an era that never occurred.
Yeah . That experiment sounded lame to me.

I hate Clowns
Hi
Last edited by abhishek21 at Nov 14, 2007,
Page 1 of 2