about 2 months ago i got an ibanez rg321mh, black distressed wood finish

the problem is, the finish is wearing off rapidly. there are small bits and patches where it's come off and you can see the wood underneath

and it didn't help that a floor tom fell on it earlier, chipping it

but normally i take care of it-i don't throw it around jumping on it or anything...

any ideas what i can do to save the finish?
Gear:

Fender Highway One Strat
Ibanez RG321MH
Cort SFX-1
Peavey Valveking 112
Marshall MG30DFX
Morley Power Wah
Mapex VX 22 (drum kit)
Mahalo flying V ukulele
Spray some clear coat on it?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Spray some clear coat on it?

If it has an oil finish, that's a bad idea.

If your guitar is chipping, try super glue. It's not a glamourous solution, but if there are only a few specific area where the finish is wearing off, fixing it with super glue might be a good idea and if you don't overdo it it won't be too visible.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
If it has an oil finish, that's a bad idea.

If your guitar is chipping, try super glue. It's not a glamourous solution, but if there are only a few specific area where the finish is wearing off, fixing it with super glue might be a good idea and if you don't overdo it it won't be too visible.

Is it an oil finish?

I figured since it was "black" that it wasn't, but I'm not positive by any means
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.