so fender just released an srv "lenny" replica, for $17,000 (i just posted the press release, it'll up soon)

a while back there was the "frankenstrat" from evh replica, for liek $25,000...

whats with all these super expensive replicas? i sure as hell wouldnt pay that much for a replica, and i doubt that anyone who buys one will ever play one.

i think its just a money spinner so they can make a quick and easy million bucks. i really dont see the point in it to be honest.
Quote by Guitargle

i think its just a money spinner so they can make a quick and easy million bucks. i really dont see the point in it to be honest.

Looks to me like you actually do see the point.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
haha. you know what i mean. they are already a billion $ company, so they obviously dont need the cash.

perhaps their time would be better served increasing the quality of the product they already distribute?
Quote by Guitargle
haha. you know what i mean. they are already a billion $ company, so they obviously dont need the cash.

perhaps their time would be better served increasing the quality of the product they already distribute?

A company that doesn't capitalize on its opportunities isn't a very smart company.

They don't need to improve the quality of the product. Fender is the most widely known guitar brand.

They can (and in my opinion often do) sell a lower quality product and people will buy it without question.

So basically, the moral of the story is:

If you want to get the most value out of the money you spend, buy from a lesser-known company. They have to make a superior product at the same price of Gibson/Epiphone and Fender/Squier (and to a lesser extent PRS) in order to capture demand and differentiate their product because they don't have the clout associated with the brand name.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Nov 14, 2007,
Quote by FacingUsAll

If you want to get the most value out of the money you spend, buy from a lesser-known company. They have to make a superior product at the same price of Gibson/Epiphone and Fender/Squier (and to a lesser extent PRS) in order to capture demand and differentiate their product because they don't have the clout associated with the brand name.

well said.
I don't see the use of this thread. You just answered your own question.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
yeah, im having a dizzy day today. lol.

i just thought id put it up for discussion... i mean, $17,000 for a guitar? jesus!

imo, thats way too much, especially seeing as though its made to look worn. id at least want something shiny.
Quote by FacingUsAll
A company that doesn't capitalize on its opportunities isn't a very smart company.

They don't need to improve the quality of the product. Fender is the most widely known guitar brand.

They can (and in my opinion often do) sell a lower quality product and people will buy it without question.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Because there are morons lining up to buy them. For that kind of money I want a real vintage guitar, something that was made a long time ago not something that was made to look old. I mean I can buy some cigarettes and burn my guitar and go after it with some sandpaper, maybe leave in my trunk for a week. But most of the people buying these guitars have no intention of playing it. Its the image over substance thing. So long as suckers line up they will keep making things like this.
Quote by Tackleberry
Because there are morons lining up to buy them. For that kind of money I want a real vintage guitar, something that was made a long time ago not something that was made to look old. I mean I can buy some cigarettes and burn my guitar and go after it with some sandpaper, maybe leave in my trunk for a week. But most of the people buying these guitars have no intention of playing it. Its the image over substance thing. So long as suckers line up they will keep making things like this.

now thats what im talking about.
I wouldn't call those people buying them morons... everyone looks at them as a guitar. Sorry, you have to look at it as an art piece, and hey, $17,000 for a piece of handmade art isn't too bad if you've ever been to a high end art auction.
The lenny is that much?!?! Damn

I see it good, depending on the price, many people strive to get a guitar like their idols' and this gives them the chance to do so. Pity they're usually so expensive, I need to get £2000 toghether to get a Rory Gallagher replica guitar.
Quote by Guitargle
so fender just released an srv "lenny" replica, for $17,000 (i just posted the press release, it'll up soon)

a while back there was the "frankenstrat" from evh replica, for liek $25,000...

whats with all these super expensive replicas? i sure as hell wouldnt pay that much for a replica, and i doubt that anyone who buys one will ever play one.

Quit complaining. If those companies didn't make that million on the idiots willing to spend ridiculous money, they'd probably just add another dollar or two to the MiM Strats, etc.

Put away the mad face. Don't Worry, Be Happy.

If it bothers you that much, get off the soapbox and just vote with your dollars.
That is how you get the attention of corporations.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Quit complaining. If those companies didn't make that million on the idiots willing to spend ridiculous money, they'd probably just add another dollar or two to the MiM Strats, etc.

Put away the mad face. Don't Worry, Be Happy.

If it bothers you that much, get off the soapbox and just vote with your dollars.
That is how you get the attention of corporations.

ya know... i never thought of it like that.
Quote by Guitargle
yeah, im having a dizzy day today. lol.

i just thought id put it up for discussion... i mean, $17,000 for a guitar? jesus!

imo, thats way too much, especially seeing as though its made to look worn. id at least want something shiny.

Yeah, that's way too much

Lawl
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I hate them! I think they are a big scam. It's one thing to make a signature guitar for a few bucks but making these clones and selling them for thousands and thousands of dollars is a rip off. I can see and actual vintage guitar selling for a ton of dough but no matter how hard you try you can't clone actual age. Sure you can beat it up and make it look old but that it it just looks like the original. These are made for people with more money than brains. They probably will never be worth all that much later. Funny thing is the people that buy them probably will never play them and will lock them away hoping they will sell them someday and retire. LOL
i bet they play like CRAP!

yeah i said it

they are obviously for collecters only
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by CJRocker
I wouldn't call those people buying them morons... everyone looks at them as a guitar. Sorry, you have to look at it as an art piece, and hey, $17,000 for a piece of handmade art isn't too bad if you've ever been to a high end art auction.

Yeah, I agree. Plus they are kinda like an investment. I imagine that once Eric Clapton or Van Halen dies...their guitars' value will go through the roof.
Quote by FacingUsAll

Did you mean, "buy from rondomusic"?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by Tackleberry

If I was a signed musician in a band, making $500,000+ a year, I'd buy 2 EVH strats just for the hell of it. I would play one, keep the other in its case. Why, because if that were the situation, I'd have the money to do pointless stuff like that, why not.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Guitar hero's that are in touch with their fans and fanbases put out products that their fans can afford, ie Eric Johnson, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani. I love EVH like anyone else, but thanks Ed for putting out something that is totally unreachable by the typical fan.
Quote by grim1
Guitar hero's that are in touch with their fans and fanbases put out products that their fans can afford, ie Eric Johnson, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani. I love EVH like anyone else, but thanks Ed for putting out something that is totally unreachable by the typical fan.

He did have the 6505
:P
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer