our drummer just found out he may be getting kicked after our next gig

which is this sunday, how do we explain it?

he actually sucks, cant play so wev got a few other drummers lined up who have considerably more experience and who can play
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
Try and be nice about it so he doesn't blow your last gig together. Get him some booze or something and you can chill after the show together.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Get him on his own in a room tell him your starting to get feeling's for him and try kiss him he'll leave the band
Quote by HEXAGRAM66
Get him on his own in a room tell him your starting to get feeling's for him and try kiss him he'll leave the band

LOL
Just tell him in the direction the band is going in you feel he isnt experienced enough to go there and that you feel you need to look for someone with more experience or something along those lines
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Dude don't do that, well atleast let him play this last Sunday show.

Give him a warning or a second chance or he'd be scared for life like Dave Mustain.

if you definatly are going to kick him out before the Sunday's show be nice and polite and if he goes mental just leg it lol.

Yeah.

Good Luck.

Ib

x
Or tell him he's too good for the band and deserves a better place and you had a nice time with him.

Lol.

Ib

x
Or even better if it works out since your not horrible mean, you can make him the bands roady

You know the guy who carries other bands stuff clean their equipment swap guitars etc...
well we were doin it after the gig

its a gig im setting up

sometimes i have so little confidence in us iv got half a mind to drop us from the lineup

thats how bad its getting to be!

edit: hes had a lot of chances to get the finger out but hasnt really shown much improvement

what would you do if your drummer has to ask your guitar player how the drums for the song goes? so many times i had to explain, and im not even a drummer!

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
Last edited by mickyd at Nov 14, 2007,
Hmm...Maybe you could cancel the gig and then kick him out. There is a possibility he would play poorly at the gig because he is getting ousted from the band. If you don't want to cancel the gig then you could try and talk to him about it and see if he'll be mature enough not to ruin the gig for you guys. To try and ensure a succsessful gig, tell him the gig is his last chance to prove he is serious about being in the band. Then if he still preforms poorly kick him out.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
i want to cancel our set at the gig

just noone else does and there bein gay about it

itl just be our first gig playing in the area that 2 of us actually live in

i just dont want to embaress ourselves

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
Tell him he's on the chopping block and give him some time to decide if he's going to step up or get out.
Maybe give him one more chance to get better and warn him that if he doesn't shape up you'll fire him.
Then if worst comes to worst try to round up some other guitarists and a bassist. Get them to beg and plead your drummer to join their band. Tell him that it's OK you understand. Then he's their problem lol
Tell him the truth. Say he's not right for the band, and that there's no hard feelings. Be nice about it

I highly recommend giving him a second chance.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown