Sorry if this has been posted, but I am searching for opinions on the http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-F254FM-4String-Bass-?sku=516772 in see-thru black cherry.

For yall who dont feel like going to the link;

ESP F-254FM 4-String Bass Guitar

* Neck-thru-body construction
* 35" Scale
* Agathis Body
* 5-Piece Maple & Walnut Neck
* Rosewood Fingerboard
* Dot Inlays with model name at 12th Fret
* EMG 35HZ pickups
* Volume and balance controls
* EMG B64 3-band active EQ
* Black chrome hardware
* ESP BB-604 Bridge
* 24 XJ Frets

Thank you.
Having never played the bass I can't and won't comment on playability or feel but from the specs.

Agathis is probably the cheapest body wood around. Many people despise it on guitars but for basses, it's not that bad. Still very bland sounding tho.

The 3-band EQ will give you good versatility but consensus among bassists is that EMG products are very "modern" sound compared to more vintage and coloured "Fender" tones. If you want this then by all means go for it.

24 frets give you a full two octaves and fret access seems to be very good. Nice big frets too. This will make fretting easier.

Neck thru's are more common on much more expensive basses and rarely seen on anything that cheap.

It seems good value for money but be aware of things they have done to make it cheaper like the cheap body, possibly poor quality control at the factory and the wiring could be cheap and noisy. This things are common problems found on cheap basses.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
seems to be quite budget gear on it IMO, seems like your paying for the ESP name (which is really LTD)

Id recommend this instead:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SRX650-Soundgear-Electric-Bass?sku=511712
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
Those basses are sex on a stick, and they're great for drop-tuned metal all the way to light wimpy pop-rock to high energy punk to indie
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
yes. it will be used for hardcore/metalcore for my band, and maybe eventually some novice jazz.
ooo hardcore, got a myspace? I'm a bit of a post-hardcore fan.

The EMG's will suit that genre well.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9