so whats the difference between a junior electric guitar and a regular one? i thought that it would be smaller, like fewer frets and such, but then a friend told me that it just had one less pickup and so difference in size. i was just wondering if you guys had any input. thanks
Well do you mean an actual smaller size guitar or are you talking about a guitar with "Junior" in its product name?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
like with junior in its product name. i dont want a child sized guitar
i guess what im asking is...ive never played an electric guitar. straight up acoustic for more than 2 years now. i just wanted to know if a junior guitar would be a good starting point. i dont want to dump tons of money into this, im not dreaming of becoming famous because of my guitar. its just something i enjoy. so i was wondering if say the epiphone lp junior was worth the 90 bucks or if it is something my 10 year old kid would feel more comfortable playing
They're a budget form of the guitar....kind of. Not budget as in worse, but less. I love the SG junior. They basically have one less pickup, maybe different fret markers, cheaper finishes.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Oooh...you're looking at an epi junior. I like the gibson SG junior. I'm not so sure about the epi. I'd say get a standard if you're going epi
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712