I've been checking out guitars constantly for a while, and usually I'm a Les Paul guy, but for some reason i've been very intrigued by some strats ive been looking at. One that really caught my eye is the highway one. I dont know too much about it and i was wondering if anyone had any comments on it in general. Is there anything wrong with it, would it be worth the money in just getting a regular American strat? i love the daphney blue with maple fretboard, but im just curious as to other people's opinions on this guitar. Fire away, thanks!
the highway one is probably the second best strat, obviously you cant beat a good old american. but i also recomend the deluxe players strat.

good on you for converting to the strat side
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
highway one strats are gr8 but... highway one teles are better... much more versatile, you can play virtually any kind of music on a tele where as you can't on a strat.
but deffinatly get the highway one

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
Highway One are brilliant guitars. They come with nice overwound pickups, and the thin nitro finish is excellent.

I prefer them to most of the USA standards i've played, incidentally....
Quote by dudeman_andy
the highway one is probably the second best strat, obviously you cant beat a good old american. but i also recomend the deluxe players strat.

good on you for converting to the strat side

lol you said this exact same thing to someone else yesterday.

and i have to agree. highway one strats kick butt.

ok aesthetically, i actually prefer the highway one color scheme over what you can get on most american standards or deluxes, they are beautiful guitars.

as for playability adn sound. they sound pretty freaking nice. however, if you want to push your budget just a wee bit more and get a full blown american, like what im doing you get that much better of a guitar.

highway ones are different from true americans in a couple of ways. for one, their pickups are wound differently, so they have a darker tone to them. for two, they have a nitrocelluose finish. this finish is rly thin so u get a better sustain (supposedly) and the it rubs off over time, meaning u get the vintage look by your one wear and tear, not something someone else did.

im personally going with an american fat strat over the highway ones, just because i like the feel a little better and the sound better, but the guitars rock
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I really like the finish of the highway ones, i dont know why but it intrigues me a lot. Not even for the sake of wearing it down myself (that is an extra perk tho), i just like it for some reason, one of those personal things i guess. I played one at the local GC here (not too local, half hour drive on the highway), and i really liked it. I havent had a chance to play the AS tho, all of my other experiments have been with LP's so im stepping on new ground here. Would i regret getting a highway one and not just saving some more for an AS?
Quote by CryogeniX
I really like the finish of the highway ones, i dont know why but it intrigues me a lot. Not even for the sake of wearing it down myself (that is an extra perk tho), i just like it for some reason, one of those personal things i guess. I played one at the local GC here (not too local, half hour drive on the highway), and i really liked it. I havent had a chance to play the AS tho, all of my other experiments have been with LP's so im stepping on new ground here. Would i regret getting a highway one and not just saving some more for an AS?

no, i mean they rly are jsut different, its not too much fo a quality different, if you tend to like the LP sound then a fat highway one would probly be pretty good for you. but they are ugly IMO because they have black pups.

but id just play both. they will both be great instruments for a long time and they will give you something different than your LPs.

good luck!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Yeah, i was drawn to LPs when i first started playing because of their ability to handle distortion better and all that normal crap that i didnt know too much about yet. I've been feeling like i want that strat sound tho, there are a lot of times where i feel like theres sounds i cant get out of my LP that i feel like i could with a strat. I'm not exactly looking for that LP tone, i think getting a strat would work awesome for me, so thats not an issue for me. I've heard different things about the Highway ones, some of them having a lack of sustain, some of them having a lesser quality wood, little things like that, but for the most part ive heard amazing things about them. I'll definitely be trying them out before a purchase, im just curious as to other people's opinions haha. thanks a lot tho, u guys have been helpful