Yes.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by skud47
i just got an ernie ball bass, is it good?

Yes, because even their entry level basses are above the average decent bass. What bass, pray tell, did you get?

Or did you mean strings? I'm confused.
i dont now what model it is but i got it for free and has the OLP on it so i know its real
Oh God... are you saying you have a free OLP and you're considering it an Ernie Ball?

That's it. I'm off UG for the day. I was nosing around another member's posts and that took 10 years off my life and now this is another 5 years off my life. At this rate I'll only live to be 150.

See you all tomorrow when my brain has healed.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by skud47
i dont now what model it is but i got it for free and has the OLP on it so i know its real

Actually, OLP is Musicman's budget range, like squire to Fender and Epiphone to Gibson.

But the are still pretty good basses, and for free, you got yourself a damn fine starter bass.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by thefitz
Oh God... are you saying you have a free OLP and you're considering it an Ernie Ball?

That's it. I'm off UG for the day. I was nosing around another member's posts and that took 10 years off my life and now this is another 5 years off my life. At this rate I'll only live to be 150.

See you all tomorrow when my brain has healed.

Alas poor Fitz!

Anyway to the TS, here's the quick translation. OLP makes MusicMan clones / knock offs. For a first bass, they're not bad and above your average starter. But they are not at the same level as the Ernie Ball MMs that come out of ol' San Luis Obispo. And yes, they are what Epi is to Gibson and Squier is to Fender.
Last edited by anarkee at Nov 14, 2007,
Ah, all my work is done, and the day is over, so I can come back now.

The OLP/Ernie Ball reference is close enough with build quality, but OLP is it's own company, unlike Squier with Fender and Epiphone with Gibson. OLP doesn't just make Ernie Ball closes - they make other things, like Traben clones, and from what I gather, they have no original designs. They're all Officially Licensed Products.
Quote by Cody_Grey102