Hope this is the right forum but let me know your opinions on the following.

I live in East of England and as cover bands go (not tribute) there always seems to be a whole host of bands doing rock covers Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, Hendrix Lead Zepplin, you know the sort of stuff. Now this isn't really my sort of thing but if you like it fine. What I never see much of is Indie/Alternative Rock cover bands. Bands that cover the likes of The Libertines, Editors, Oasis and Bloc Party for example. Spoken to other people about this in my area and they agree what do you guys think? please don't turn it into an argument about what bands/genre are good/bad. I might even try and find some like minded people to get together and fill the void!
my band play a very wide range of covers(genre wise that is)...ie we play radiohead, pink floyd, the libertines, arctic monkeys....and yes we do do our own stuff as well
everybody in Panic at the disco used to be in blink 182 cover bands.... not that i like panic at the disco
R.I.P. Casey Calvert
Call me Kevin
Quote by Iowahardcore
everybody in Panic at the disco used to be in blink 182 cover bands.... not that i like panic at the disco

Then by their nature they were in tribute bands not cover bands.

I'm talking about bands that just perform covers not tribute bands or original material bands that do covers.
Quote by craig_shaw_uk
my band play a very wide range of covers(genre wise that is)...ie we play radiohead, pink floyd, the libertines, arctic monkeys....and yes we do do our own stuff as well

I don't think thats a very wide range of covers.
/opinion
Quote by This is the One
I don't think thats a very wide range of covers.
/opinion

I agree and to be honest and im not slagging your band craig, if you do original suff your not a cover band.