So, I'm saving up for a new amp (mine sucks worse than you would know) and I have a friend that's selling a crate amp for $200. I don't really know much about it, but it's about the size of a small chest you could probably sit on. I don't know if it's vavle or solid state, but are crates good/reliable? any input would be great.
Quote by doctor woot
I don't know if it's vavle or solid state, but are crates good/reliable?

Their valve amps are very nice, their SS stuff - not so much.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by forwhomthebells
I would go for a Fender or Marshall or Vox ya know.

but hey go for that if you must.

Yeah I was thinking if I don't get it then I'll look for a marshall, but those things are kind of much in terms of money....
Quote by Denthúl
If you only have $200, and you want a Crate...get one of the Palominos

To be honest with you, I think it's worth more than 200, but he couldn't really get into guitar (he liked guitar hero so his dad bought him a nice setup, but he doesn't have the patience to play a real one) so he really thinks I'm overpaying for it XD
Still, if it's one of the SS crates, then any amount that you pay for it is overpaying. They aren't impressive. They're not even good.
Quote by Denthúl
Still, if it's one of the SS crates, then any amount that you pay for it is overpaying. They aren't impressive. They're not even good.

so how do I tell if it's an ss? (that makes me think of nazis, I'm calling em nazi amps from now on)