I have a crappy strat copy that i thought i could do up with a fancy paint scheme. After a bit of research i want to do an Eddie Van Halen style paintjob. I have three questions:

1) Can you point me in the direction of a nice tutorial as i want to do this properly
2) my Strat is front routed, and Eddies is back routed. short of getting a new body can i
take my current strat and do anything to switch it around
3) What would be a good colour scheme. i dont want to have one exactly the same as
Eddie, just one with the same kind of style

cheers
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
em colour scheme u could go for a white stripes thing (black white and red) i find the go together really well all the time.

and im pretty sure its just random stripes, so no tutorials I kno off, but if you stripped the paint and pencilled out ur lines itd work i reckon.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
The black, white and red does look really good but i wanted something a bit different. There are some that ive seen that are just two colours, any info on them?
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
black and yellow or black and white. If you do the black and white just do the paintjob and get a black pickguard cos thta one isnt back routed. None of the strats he uses are back routed, the only strat like one he uses that is back routed (uses/used regularly) is the 5150 which isnt his main guitar.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
black and yellow or black and white. If you do the black and white just do the paintjob and get a black pickguard cos thta one isnt back routed. None of the strats he uses are back routed, the only strat like one he uses that is back routed (uses/used regularly) is the 5150 which isnt his main guitar.

thanks that really useful. i really like the look of the black and white one. cheers

i now have another question. where can i buy this stuff from in the uk. stewmac is US and dont want to import.
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
the kramer model of the 5150 model was pretty cool
i never thought of putting white down first
Itunes podcast!
search DJ Shi

Schecter Damien-6
B.C. Rich warlock w/ zakk wylde bullseye
Digi-tech Synth Wah
Ibanez WD-& Wah Pedal
Fender G-DEC
There's a whole forum somewhere dedicated to him and his guitars, with a huge section on making them. I don't know the name, try googling "van halen guitar forum"
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
The 5150 was his main in later years, and the black/yellow charvel from VHII (the one dime was buried with) was back routed. The only one that was front routed was his origional. The Black/white which had the black pickguard and later he cut off most of the pickguard (except where the controls mounted) and painted some red over the black/white.