Hey, I'm looking for a guitar for about 300-500euro. A decent one but nothing more expensive than 500. I was thinking about a rickenbacker(since REM are my fave band!) but I heard they're pretty expensive. I just want a pretty standard run of the mill (decent!) electric. I have my brothers one that's about 10 years old("sunn mustang fender") but it's in pretty bad shape. Any ideas for me getting a new one? I've been playing now for 8 months so I don't just want a begginers choice one! But at the same time, I'm not really looking for a specific sound in the guitar. Just a standard one. If there is such a thing!!
Thats over 700 american. You can pretty much get what ever you want. For metal, ya want hu8mbuckers, hell, I want humbuckers for everything. Unless your playing jazz, singles are an aquired taste for distortion. But they were the first, just try as many guitars as you can, but you cant go wrong with a standard fender strat.
Quote by dewdadrew
Thats over 700 american. You can pretty much get what ever you want. For metal, ya want hu8mbuckers, hell, I want humbuckers for everything. Unless your playing jazz, singles are an aquired taste for distortion. But they were the first, just try as many guitars as you can, but you cant go wrong with a standard fender strat.

Thanks, I'm not really looking for metal sounding ones. Just ones that like REM, U2, Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen, Editors, etc use.
Quote by dewdadrew

Did you read his post at all?

TS, if you like the clean and jangly sound of Rickenbackers I could recommend a few things:

Try a Telecaster, they can do that sort of sound pretty well,

This guitar:

http://www.rondomusic.com/harm3semi.html

Has that Rickenbacker styling with mini-humbuckers and an ebony fretboard (also promotes a bright clean sound)

Rondo Music is a GREAT company, but I'm not sure they ship out of the US?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
Did you read his post at all?

TS, if you like the clean and jangly sound of Rickenbackers I could recommend a few things:

Try a Telecaster, they can do that sort of sound pretty well,

This guitar:

http://www.rondomusic.com/harm3semi.html

Has that Rickenbacker styling with mini-humbuckers and an ebony fretboard (also promotes a bright clean sound)

Rondo Music is a GREAT company, but I'm not sure they ship out of the US?

Thanks. I like the look of that one. (sorry, my knowledge on electrics sorta mainly relies on the 'look' of them!). What about this one here red guitar? I remember seeing the Edge use this one before. Is it any good for what I'm looking for? (the clean sound).

btw, I'm sorta held to the price range of between 3 and 5 hundred euros. But just wondering, are electrics at that price good? Or are you talking about ones nearly a grand when getting decent ones??
For the music your into I would go with a Fender Telecaster. That was my first guitar and it was great. Only reason I sold it was because I started getting into Metal. But I'm pretty sure you can pick one up for around $200-$300 U.S probably even less if there doing a X-Mas sale at GC.
Well tokai do rickenbacker copies with "Rockin' Better" on the headstock which always gives me a chuckle when I see it in my local shop. And tokai are a trusted brand, it was abotu £400 in my local shop but they overprice by about £50-£100.
Quote by RVM
Thanks. I like the look of that one. (sorry, my knowledge on electrics sorta mainly relies on the 'look' of them!). What about this one here red guitar? I remember seeing the Edge use this one before. Is it any good for what I'm looking for? (the clean sound).

btw, I'm sorta held to the price range of between 3 and 5 hundred euros. But just wondering, are electrics at that price good? Or are you talking about ones nearly a grand when getting decent ones??

Well that is a copy of a Gibson SG (what I have) that's the type of guitar that Angus Young (among others) played.

It's more suited to Rock, Metal, and Blues than your style, they have a very dark aggressive sound.

3-500 Euros is definitely enough to get you a great guitar, the one I showed you is only $350 USD, and a Fender Telecaster is only $400 USD.

That telecaster price if for one made in mexico. If you decide you want a telecaster you should get a used American made one from ebay.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~