Poll: Neck Pickup to Go along with A DiMazio D-Sonic
Poll Options
View poll results: Neck Pickup to Go along with A DiMazio D-Sonic
Dimarzio Air Norton
4 80%
Dimarzio Evolution
1 20%
Voters: 5.
Ok, I have a Les Paul and i need to buy Pickups for it.

But i need opinions as to which set would be the best sounding, (Heavy Rock, Metal) but nice clean (not muddy) sound with out the distortion.

I was thinking of the emg h-1 and i have heard a lot of Hype about the Zakk Wylde set. Are they any good?

Please tell me what you would put in the Les Paul if it were yours.
For Harder Rock and Metal I'd go with maybe a Dimarzio Super Distortion or a D-Sonic in the Bridge and and an Air Norton or a Breed in the Neck.
It shouldn't it have some decent rock humbuckers on there already if it's a proper les?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
^yeah. i don't know about epiphones, but my gibson les paul studio gets some great metal and especially hard rock distortion tones.
Well, if you want like hard rock/metal tones (Zakk Wylde ish), the EMG 81 and 85 would be up your alley (81 bridge, 85 neck), which in essence is the Zakk Wylde set. Not sure if there is any difference actually, 'cept the novelty of playing the ZAKK WYLDE SET!!!!

Man, he's so cool.
Anyway, avoid passive EMG's, they generally suck.
Another good option (if you don't wanna have to do the whole battery fitting thing) would be a Dimarzio X2N. Those things are brutal, about equal output to the 81 i'd guess. I had one in my RG for a while, it was insane. Too insane for me, so i swapped it for a Dimarzio Evolution. Nice pickup, great for everything from light crunchy rock through to like....death stuff.
So my opinions would the 81&85, Dimarzio Evolution (bridge) and maybe a FRED (neck), Seymour Duncan JB & Jazz (bridge and neck respectively) or maybe a Bill Lawrence 500XL or whatever it was that Dimebag and Nuno used. That thing was sweeet.
Hope that helped.
i youls suggest petruccis set thae d sonic and air norton but i am slightly biased to him
Quote by ChemicalFire
It shouldn't it have some decent rock humbuckers on there already if it's a proper les?

Well right now its still a project guitar I have the Gibson Neck and Body(Cherry Sunburst) and i wanna make it sound crazy good
Thanks you guys have helped me out a lot.

I think i am gonna go for the DiMarzio D-sonic pickup for the bridge but im not sure on what i should get for the other one. Its either the Dimarzio Air Norton or The Dimarzio Evolution.

So im gonna put up a poll and see what happens
Well, for the neck, Air Nortons are nice. Evo's in my opinion don't sound as nice in the neck. Killer bridge pup, but not so much neck.

My vote is for air norton
Quote by ozzy578
Well, for the neck, Air Nortons are nice. Evo's in my opinion don't sound as nice in the neck. Killer bridge pup, but not so much neck.

My vote is for air norton

okay. Thanks man. This guitar is gonna sound sick now. All i have to do is wait for the neck which is being shipped from australia