I don't know if there is such a thing, is there a program (free if possible) that i can make REALISTIC drums on? i just want to create something as a rough beat (cymbals too) for some songs i am writing thanks for any help
I'm so sorry, excuse me for living,
I didn't know, didn't know your a psycho!
-Carolines Spine "Psycho"
Try Hydrogen. It's a free download on their website, sounds fairly realistic, and isn't that hard to use. I'd never used a drum machine before, and I was able to make some fairly complex beats within 30 minutes of messing with it.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Or if you got a mic, you can thump on a book with a pencil or something?
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Hammerhead.

But its pretty crap and doesn't sound that much like a real drum kit.
acoustica beatcraft

you can only download the trial version so pm me if you want the code
POST FINDER
Frrrruuuuutaaaay Loooooouuuuuuppppsssss!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is fruity loops just a program with a bunch of loops or can you actually make your own?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Fl Studio (fruityloops)
its not actually loops, its a proffesional sequencing program. I downloaded trying to get some drums for my metal songs, but ending up making a load of electronica/drum n bass tunes on it.

So yeah you can make your own
NOIZE
Did you end up eventually getting drums for your metal songs though?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
yep. the only probably i had, is they sounded slightly electronic, but if you download a sample pack of real drums, it sounds fine.
NOIZE
Great, I downloaded Hydrogen and now I'm addicted. I was supposed to do coursework!
I use fruity loops, also. it's fruity loops 3, I think... which means it's very very old. and basic. but it still gets the job done for me. if you check my profile, I used fruity loops to make the drums for all of my songs (except 'opening up'. I played drums on my keyboard for that one).

Fruity loops does what I need it to do just fine and it's ridiculously easy to use if all you wanna do is make simple drum tracks.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by metal4life592
Try Hydrogen. It's a free download on their website, sounds fairly realistic, and isn't that hard to use. I'd never used a drum machine before, and I was able to make some fairly complex beats within 30 minutes of messing with it.

WOrd. It runs on Linux and Mac as well, great software! There are some free kits on the webpage. One is called Yamaha Vintage or something, sounds very real.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by metal4life592

dude thats absolutely sick! I love that program, I made a death metal beat in 5 mins, its really easy.