hey guys,

i want to start snowboarding this winter and i started looking into used stuff so i could perhaps get good quality equipment for a relatively low price. I've narrowed my choices down to two boards right now that caught my attention.

the first one is a mint condition Burton Charger 156 with Ride bindings. asking price: 170$

the second one is an Atlantis Shaman 159 with Burton Custom bindings for 250$.

Now, i'm a beginner and i want to eventually beginning riding rails and park, but i also wanna do some freeride, so i want a board that will be suitable for that. What are the pros and cons of these two offers, and which do you think is the better deal?

thank you,
-chris-
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
both are pretty nice but since your a beginner and want to do a variety of different things (rails park and freeride) i'd recommend the Burton Clash. Its a beginner to intermediate board that is a fabulous board for the price ( i think 250-299?) and im an intermediate/expert and i still ride it more then my forum board.
Both are nice. Nice prices too. Makes me sad to think of how much I paid for my K2 twin.... I'd go for the 156.
thanks for that funky. if i'm 5'9", 135 pounds and with 9.5 sized boots, whats the best snowboard height for me? someone told me anywhere between 153 and 159

-chris-

EDIT: i'm leaning more towards the 156 too because i have a preference for burton and the price is better :P
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
I was saying go for the 156, because a shorter board for a starter would be more versatile. If you are 5'9" that confirms it. Also, the IS better. You could take the money your saving and put it towards lift tickets.

EDIT: "Also, the [price] IS better."
Just to add another option out there..the Atomic Hatchet is really good for freestyle and freeride and is great for beginners. One of the cheapest boards you can buy too
id go with the charger good deals for both tho, tough call
R.I.P. Casey Calvert
Call me Kevin