I was set on getting a Jackson DK2M until i tried out an American Fat Strat with a seymour duncan JB in the bridge and two texas specials in the neck. This was supposed to be my metal guitar but the strat is soo awesome. So what shall it be, the strat or the Jackson?
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I swear by Jackson, and I'd take my RR3 over a JEM any day (different axes but you get the idea)
ohai little sig.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
I was set on getting a Jackson DK2M until i tried out an American Fat Strat with a seymour duncan JB in the bridge and two texas specials in the neck. This was supposed to be my metal guitar but the strat is soo awesome. So what shall it be, the strat or the Jackson?

I have the DK2M and I love it but if you were blown away by the strat then go for it. A couple years down the line or whenever you have the money if you pick up a USA Soloist Jackson then you will REALLY love it. The Pro Series Dinky's are nice but nothing compared to the Soloists so if you get a Jackson I'd advise you go all the way! I don't regret getting my DK2M at all because it was such a huge step up from the strat copy I was using and the best thing available in my price range but in your position I'd probably get the strat if I liked it.
I'm kind of a Jackson fanboy. But, go with what feels and sounds better to you.
I'd go for the Jackson, but that's because I'm a total slut for Jacksons. Just get what you prefer the sound/looks of.
If you have an amp which can "do" metal, then just go with whatever feels better for you.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Go with the Jackson, you can't make a mistake with this one!
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Strats aren't badass anymore. They lost their cool.

Jackson all the way. They also play a bit better then Strats.
i thought badass only made hardware.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?