http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-BP80-Bass-MultiEffect-Pedal?sku=150847

Now I realize that this piece of kit will not have the best sound in the world, but I'm not sure what effects I want to invest in, and the variety of effects it has, combined with the drum machine made me think I should invest the money to get my feet wet in the world of effects. However, I want to know if I should just dive right into buying specific effects, if there is a better multi-effects pedal for under 100 USD, of if this is a good purchase for me to make, considering my circumstances.
Well, I have said effects pedal and I must say it's a good pedal to get into the world of effects but thats it, it has many varied effect's and through the right bass/amp can sound pretty good too!
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
How about the Zoom 708 II? Go to Sam Ash and click on "Bass", then "Effects" and then "Bass Pedal Boards". The 708 II will be on there for 70 bucks. And this unit has a drum machine and a sampler to boot!
Last edited by ESP73 at Nov 14, 2007,
I'll say it again as I've said it before, if you don't know what effects you want, you clearly don't need an effect. Sure an effect can open up your sound, but if you don't see where it can actually improve your sound, then why would you need it? Sure get a multi effects pedal, but when you say, "Wow, I wish I still had that $100-$120 that I spent on the multi effects pedal, so I could buy a decent chorus, which I realized soon after buying the multi effects pedal, that that was what I really needed." So when you find yourself in that position don't say nobody warned you, because Bales warned you. Bales warned you.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
So when you find yourself in that position don't say nobody warned you, because Bales warned you. Bales warned you.

I lol'd

And its not a matter of not knowing what effects I want, its a matter of figuring out which ones I want MORE. But I was actually looking at just buying the Digitech chorus pedal. I'm 90% sure I'll be able to use it in what I play, and I save some money. Do you think that would be a better idea?
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I personally do. Chorus is a very ambiguous effect and can fit into virtually anything you want to fit it into. And the Digitech is a nice chorus.

The DigiTech Chorus pedal is a great investment, and the first pedal I bought. As pedals go its not too expensive and the quality is solid, and the sound is wonderful. I've used it in jazz, prog and even some folk rock and it all sounds good.
I got a BP200 off of ebay for 35 bucks, including shipping. I don't know if you use ebay.

Oh, BTW, the fretless simulator sucks!
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by Metalology
I got a BP200 off of ebay for 35 bucks, including shipping. I don't know if you use ebay.

Oh, BTW, the fretless simulator sucks!

i use that as a weirdass trip out thing combined with whammy, reverb, and delay.

sounds pretty sweet actually
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects