Just wondering if this is the right amp for me. I play mainly power metal, and melodic death metal (nice tight bass...). I would gig a little if i joined this power metal band that is forming, but i'd play at like school (talent shows, battle of the bands, etc).

I have a Jackson DX10D Dinky with a Super Distortion in the bridge..
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
I don't really know what power metal is, but it would certainly do death metal. It has plenty of gain on tap and can get nice and heavy, but it also has a good clean tone.
I play somewhat similar stuff, and I'm saving for one too, so I think it's a good choice.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
ive been considering this amp as well.. seems good, but ive heard some people say its not built too well.

it does seem like a good amp though
Seemed pretty solid when I tried it out, and I've never heard any complaints about it. As long as you don't throw it down the stairs/off stage/out of a window, you should be fine
Quote by Denthúl
I don't really know what power metal is, but it would certainly do death metal. It has plenty of gain on tap and can get nice and heavy, but it also has a good clean tone.

So you haven't heard of Dragonforce? (although not the best example)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Oh. That's power metal?! I'm not a big fan. The only Dragonforce song I could really listen to more than twice was Trail of Broken Hearts because it was nice and slow(ish).
Yeah, but there's WAY better out there IMO.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Ah, good. I struggle when it comes to genres. Chances are I listen to some power metal as it is and just throw it into a general rock or metal category
Quote by Denthúl
Seemed pretty solid when I tried it out, and I've never heard any complaints about it. As long as you don't throw it down the stairs/off stage/out of a window, you should be fine

I going to see if i can try it out soon, just wondering can it sound good for mid gain sounds, like a crunchy marshally sound?
Yes it can do mid gain sounds. If I would compare it to another amp companies crunch sound, I would say Marshall.
Quote by Guitar Guy21
Yes it can do mid gain sounds. If I would compare it to another amp companies crunch sound, I would say Marshall.

cool.
have you ever had any problems with your one? is it a solid reliable amp?

would you recommend it for someone who wants to play a variety of music. mostly metal though?

thanks for letting me know!
ive been wondering about this amp also....does it really have hardcore vibration issues?
if it wasnt for that i might actually consider buying one, cuz ive heard the tone is pretty bitchin'
my shit>>>>www.myspace.com/buenostudios

BlackHeart BH5-112
Peavey Rage 158
ESP LTD M-200FM
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD EX-260
Dunlop Crybaby F Wah
Aria Phase Shifter
Quote by Neil27
cool.

would you recommend it for someone who wants to play a variety of music. mostly metal though?

The only problem I had was with a fuse. But that is not serious. Yes I do recommend that amp for its price range. I think it does a pretty good job for playing varieties of music. I play a lot of classic rock on it, and I also play a lot of metal. The cleans are not spectacular, but they are still pretty good for a metal amp. Yes it does start vibrating if you turn your bass up high. It gets pretty bad if you turn down the treble and crank the bass and the mid. I think it vibrates, because the speaker is enclosed.

Hope that helps you guys out
Last edited by Guitar Guy21 at Nov 14, 2007,
Yeah, both the RG50T heads and combos seem like really great, affordable amps, that can still do metal, but aren't both of these amps actually discontinued? I tried to find an RG50T head, but no one carries them anymore. It seems that Randall has replaced this product family with their new (much more expensive) "modular" amp models.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

I don't know if they still make them or not. Their website says they do, but who knows if that's updated or not.
Quote by aznrockerdude

I thought power metal was stuff like Dio
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
power metal is stuff like manowar, hammerfall, helloween, dionysus, I guess some dio would fit into there
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Ahh. Well, I like Manowar, but I haven't heard of any of the others. Well, I've heard of Dio...
helloween are worth checking out fo sho.

as to not change the topic of the thread. I think the randall would do those pretty well
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I have the head version of the amp and imo it rules. but it is very highly mid voiced. i use an mxr 10 band eq in the effects loop of mine to drop some mids and it sounds killer. if you dont like too many mids in your tone i suggest you do the same. it really is a killer amp for the price, i get amazing tube tone from it, i can get a similar bullet for my valentine kinda tone easy. if you go for the combo i suggest you swap the speaker for a celestion vintage 30. i heard the stock speaker flabs out at higher volumes
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Quote by LEVEL4
Randall has replaced this product family with their new (much more expensive) "modular" amp models.

how are those modular amps i was looking at them , i dont play metal but it seems as though you can get a very versitile amp you can have brown sound, a jtm, a bassman, and a plexi which i tihnk would be a pretty bad ass amp imho.
^ IF they do it well that is. you'd need to try it out
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by aznrockerdude

Dragonforce is just a ****ing horrible example of music from any genre.

That sounded a bit harsh, here are some smiley faces
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Has anyone compared the RG50-TC against the G3s (as in has actually played both and not just going off what people have said) I want to try out a TC, but the only shop in the state that carries randalls only has G3s so i will try those out, but really was hoping that had the TC.

(sorry for the side question)
Quote by aznrockerdude

I LOVE DRAGONFORCE. Herman Li and I are asian brothers from different mothers.

And I like Sonata Arctica also..and Iron Maiden!
Quote by Neil27
cool.

dude. my thread not yours. jk lol.
Quote by Denthúl
Ahh. Well, I like Manowar, but I haven't heard of any of the others. Well, I've heard of Dio...

Sorry...third post...

Well Power Metal is mainly like .... the old school metal like Helloween and Ironmaiden on some albums. Manowar too loll. Also there is some new power metal, like Sonata Arctica and Dragonforce (my faves....). There's a lot though, and if you think its got no balls then go to melodic death metal. Same thing with death metal vocals ^^
Quote by which ones pink
How could you people forget Blind Guardian, the gods of power metal??? They're a billion and one times better than DragonForce.

thanks. and btw, i really dont have a fave band. Power metal in general is good, I like almost every power metal band. Blind guardian is awsome btw ^^