Arng... i'm really pissed off and I need to say it. I ordered a jackson Sl1 at a guitar shop at like 45 minutes of my home and after on month it arrived. I went to pick it up and... the **** needed a ****in set up... the frets were a little out and one harmonic was not in tune and it's a ****in 2000$ guitar. So the guy said he would repair that but it will take !2 WEEKS! because he got a lot of guitars to repair. Man that's not fair... why does Jackson don't set up thier guitar properly, when these are some of the best guitar in the U.S. AAARRRNNGGGGG!!!!
It probably came from Thailand or something. For all they know it's a fishing pole.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by DarK666SiM
A lemon??? what do you mean?

An unusually crappy guitar
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Conica
ESP LTD ftw.

Fact, factory set up FTW.
Gear
ESP-LTD B-55 5-String Bass
Dean Edge-09
Hartke HA2500 on a VX-4x10

ESP-LTD EC-50 Guitar
Line6 Spider III 30watt
ESP/LTD isnt going to touch a Jackson Sl1T. That said, this is why I say try before you buy on Jackson USA's. the quality is NOT consistent on them. That said, its the dealers job to set it up imo, and you should not shift the blame on Jackson for a crappy setup, unless the frets are actually sticking out like you said.
That's why I say buy a guitar that's actually at the shop. I drove an hour for my guitar rather than ordering it.

That way I could actually play the thing.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Is the frets sticking out something that is easy to get rid of? Or it will make the guitar less playable forever, because it's really minor, you don't notice it while playing but they're still not perfect.
Quote by DarK666SiM
Is the frets sticking out something that is easy to get rid of? Or it will make the guitar less playable forever, because it's really minor, you don't notice it while playing but they're still not perfect.

How are they sticking out? Is it affecting playability? It can be fixed easily, it just will cost you and take a couple weeks like you said?
They're just a litte out on the higher neck when you touch the side with your fingers but you don't nitice it when you play.
Quote by DarK666SiM
They're just a litte out on the higher neck when you touch the side with your fingers but you don't nitice it when you play.

I would get it fixed. Reason being, at $2k, that thing should be flawless. I would also consider sending Fender/Jackson an email too complaining.
Dude calm the F down,you think thats is bad ,there was a guy on these forums that got like 5000$ worth of gear stolen and he might not get it back and you mad cause you have to wait 2 weeks! GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!
Quote by Cannibalwolf
Dude calm the F down,you think thats is bad ,there was a guy on these forums that got like 5000$ worth of gear stolen and he might not get it back and you mad cause you have to wait 2 weeks! GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!

Yes, and right now children are murdering people in Rwanda, and you're on the internet giving someone a hard time.

It's all relative
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
An email to the company wont do a whole lot of good. Way they see it they got their money most companies now dont care if a customer is happy. There are plenty of other ones out there. I have a habit of looking at guitar set ups when I wander thru a store. And most I see have had nothing done to them. I would kinda expect it on a cheap guitar, but then again it would be in the stores own interest to do it. If you pick up a guitar and it plays bad your gonna hang it back up. But if they take the few minutes to do a basic set up would probably sell alot more instruments. And the music store he got it from has already made their money so why would they care if they get it to him in a timely manner. They are gonna move onto the next guy to make a profit. Just the way music stores in general are anymore.
Quote by hamish5178
Yes, and right now children are murdering people in Rwanda, and you're on the internet giving someone a hard time.

It's all relative

....and you are?
$2000.00 is a lot of dough to get a guitar and not be pleased with it. I can't tell you how many guitars I bought that were never set up. Some shops like to do the set up themselves and they do as soon as it gets in. Some shops just sell them as is. I have seen several guitars returned at a local shop needing set up or that they have some small problem that can be a quick fix but sits in the store forever on a waiting list. Email Jackson send them a copy of your sales receipt in the Email and tell them your problems. Most reputable comapnies will do something. It could be anything though. It's worth a shot.

John
Quote by Tackleberry
An email to the company wont do a whole lot of good. Way they see it they got their money most companies now dont care if a customer is happy. There are plenty of other ones out there. I have a habit of looking at guitar set ups when I wander thru a store. And most I see have had nothing done to them. I would kinda expect it on a cheap guitar, but then again it would be in the stores own interest to do it. If you pick up a guitar and it plays bad your gonna hang it back up. But if they take the few minutes to do a basic set up would probably sell alot more instruments. And the music store he got it from has already made their money so why would they care if they get it to him in a timely manner. They are gonna move onto the next guy to make a profit. Just the way music stores in general are anymore.

You've never dealt with high end guitars apparently. They want you to be happy so you'll pay $2,000 for another one of their guitars, and several people I know had good luck when emailing them. Also TS, its worth going to Jackson/Charvel Forum, joining, and talking to some of the members there about there experience. Not only that, but Jackson does have a guy reading that board from time to time...