Yeah for me I guess.

I got down to guitar center, and they had the shop re-arranged from last time I was in it. Up front hanging at the very top was the black gibson explorer I became interested in. I noticed it had finger prints on it, so I said screw it and pulled it off the hanger. There was no "Do not touch" sign so, why not? I knew the sucker was 1200 bucks. Of course the GC staff was right on me, eager to let me play it. They offered me to just pick an amp and go for it. I asked for their amp recomendations, I was plugged into a Line 6 or something.

I made a few adjustments and was greeted with a seriously out of tune guitar. For 1200 bucks you would think they where keep the sucker in tune.

As far as the guitar it self... it was smaller then I thought it was going to be. And lighter too, probably a bit lighter then my Kelly. I don't think playing it would be a problem. I think its worth a 2nd look, next time though I will have them tune the sucker before I play.

I think this is the first gibson guitar I ever touched. Now I really need to play an explorer. Maybe I can get them to let me into a sound proof room or something so I can get loud.
I got to play a Gibson LP one time at my guitar teacher's place. It was some kind of special model and he had been offered £5000 cash for it

He didn't sell it though, because he said it would just get more and more valuable

I hate him.

Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
really you should be able to tune your guitar and a line 6 was not a good recomendation
i like explorers though, but i can never find a good amp to use in the gc near me, its all mgs
Quote by stephen_rettie
really you should be able to tune your guitar and a line 6 was not a good recomendation
i like explorers though, but i can never find a good amp to use in the gc near me, its all mgs

Yeah, nice selection of amps they got huh!? LOL
I took my Kelly with me and did not see anything I would want to plug it in to... Well the Mesa Dual Recto that I seen headed out of the store.

@Johnny
The thought did cross my mind about picking up a Les Paul while I was there, but it would have likly been out of tune also.

Should tuned it up my self, I did not think it was my problem to tune the stores guitar. Eh... oh well
they have some very nice fender amps in the GC by me.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I played an 800$ Ibanez that played better than a 4000$ LP.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by Fryer Mike
I played an 800$ Ibanez that played better than a 4000$ LP.

Ibanez ftw.

I do love the Explorer though. Probably the only Gibson I'd ever play.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
Wooo I own an Explorer. I love it but I may end up changing the stock pickups to Seymour Duncans or something.
I play a rare discontinued Gibson LP we call it the nighthawk. Its wierd cause its a les pau but the bridge is a strats bridge and its a H-S-H config with only a volume and a tone knob and coil splitting its an awesome guitar though
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
You don't need to lubricate the nut.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
meh. I gets to plays a Gibson every day!

Explorers are nice guitars. Line 6's... not so much.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
hmmm, doesn't sound like the regular Explorers. is it an explorer pro? they're smaller.
Quote by BlindSilence917

I do love the Explorer though. Probably the only Gibson I'd ever play.

+1

It was just godlike somehow. Awesome tone. It's not that expensive either, for a real Gibson anyway.

Quote by nan0
hmmm, doesn't sound like the regular Explorers. is it an explorer pro? they're smaller.

Exactly my thoughts.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Pretty silly to think that they're going to tune every guitar in the store. They don't, it's not their job. Maybe if it was a small mom-and-pop store, but not GC.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
the gc by me has mesa, crate, vox, marshalls, vht... many good ones tyo choose from
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by Uncle Fonzie
Wooo I own an Explorer. I love it but I may end up changing the stock pickups to Seymour Duncans or something.

I have an 84 Explorer and I was ready to sell it until I replaced the crappy Ceramic pickups with Dimarzio chrome covered PAF's. It's black with a mirror pickguard and the chrome covers...badass.
Anyway, the PAF's are incredible in the Explorer.
Now I love playing it.
Explorers are the best looking guitars out there

but that's just my opinion
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
I think the QC on the explorers/V's are less than on the les pauls (when you get to standards, at least), so I didn't think it was that great. Though the tone was nice, the fret access wasn't very great, and it didn't look as nice as I'd imagined.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
You could have just tuned it yourself....

Oh yeah, this is UG.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by thedonutman
I have rarely played a guitar at a shop that was fully in tune. I think its because of the way they hang them, sometimes the machineheads are moved. They probably dont stretch the strings or lubricate the nut either.

i dont lubricate my nuts.