Page 1 of 2
right, i'm not here to start any raging debate over who's cooler and whatnot. i was thinking about it though, and do you think it has anything to do with social background? i mean, typically speaking and from my own experience, emos appear to be posh middle class kids, whereas chavs are from a lower social background. do, do you think chavs, on some level, resent emos for their wealth, and vice versa - emos seeing chavs are common muck. anyway, no flaming really needed, just a thought, what do you guys reckon?

p.s i am not biased towards either - am not a chav or an emo.
Why don't you put down your lens of bullshit and start seeing them as people?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Isn't it in the rules there are no Versus threads?

Ah well, this thread is pointless and will lead to flaming.
Burn Emo Burn,

See? Flaming.
I Love Oreos, And im English =D
Chavs/neds/callemwhatyouwill are generally from lower class backgrounds, so yeah, they'll resent anyone who's not in their class, not just the emo's Emo's are generally, like you say, middle-ish class kids who pretend they have problems when really they just want some attention and whatnot

So, basically, that was me agreeing with you, just in a slightly long-winded way
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
why should people be limited who they can and cant be friends with just cause of stupid social groups. people shouldnt be put into groups...

unless there chavs
Emos tend to make themselves look ****ed up, chavs spend money Nikes echo trackys and wat not. dont get chavs and pikeys mixed up. pikeys have a poor backround and look like chavs but wear cheaper chav ****. chavs wana be "gangsta" blood. lol
oh so chavs are like those guys who listen to rap and wear like Fubu and ****? In Puerto Rico we call 'em Cacos.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by Chikitty_China
what are chavs?

Chav = wigger

They insult randomn people and act badass.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
i agree with TheHereWay too. chavs generally act like wankers. dont fall into groups, its ****.
Quote by Chikitty_China
what are chavs?

youre lucky you've never heard of them...
Quote by joeymaxx
why can't we all just get along?

will never happen mate. sorry
'emo's don't exist you stereotypical idiots
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Muphin

'cause they're not.
School children washing cars for charity, is there anything more arousing?
Great, now that I know what a chav is, I can tell you I'm the only non-chav at my school fulla chavs.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by stueey
Emos tend to make themselves look ****ed up, chavs spend money Nikes echo trackys and wat not. dont get chavs and pikeys mixed up. pikeys have a poor backround and look like chavs but wear cheaper chav ****. chavs wana be "gangsta" blood. lol

So people who wear those clothes are chavs? I own clothes like that and im in no way a chav.
A large percentage of the' chavs' (seems such an outdated and ridiculous term tbh) I know are from really well off middle-class backgrounds, and vice versa. So you can't generalise like that TS
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
i prefer chavs to emos actually... I can't really talk about music with any of 'em, but at least they're not total pussies. Plus, I get most of my pot from chavs
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by SpartanTHC
So people who wear those clothes are chavs? I own clothes like that and im in no way a chav.

I dont mean it personally, i mean when you group people by what they wear.

i also forgot to mention pikeys act like chavs.

sorry if i ofended ya man
None taken, i just wanted to let people know not all people who wear those clothes are chavs lol.
Quote by DTOE
A large percentage of the' chavs' (seems such an outdated and ridiculous term tbh) I know are from really well off middle-class backgrounds, and vice versa. So you can't generalise like that TS

i'm going on what they are typically. as in, what they are perceived to be. i don't like stereotyping, but it exists.
pikey - similar to a gypsy, dont live in caravans. act like chavs
as much as you dont want to, someone is going to group you. no matter what somone isnt going to like you before they even know anything about you. regardless of what you do people will remain biased. grouping/sterotyping arent going anywhere and i agree with the TS
Emos are hotter >_>

The girls anyways.

Chavs are just annoying.

And I say this not to judge the people, just their style. And not all emo chicks are hot, and not all chavs/"gangstas" are annoying.
Whereas emos simply cry, chavs make funny sounds when you hit them with hard objects. Such noises include 'oi blad' and 'ee-zee fella' and provide much satisfaction to the weilder of the ahrd object
ohai little sig.
Quote by DTOE

i'm going on what they are typically. as in, what they are perceived to be. i don't like stereotyping, but it exists.
Where I come from there is a very small following of music outside of european techno dance crap so the rich kids are chavs and the one group of emos are nobodies. And they label themselves, they enjoy being called those names and I think it's all about ego. And that's my first ever emo/chav rant, hope you enjoyed it.
Alright just to clear things up here's a little help.

Wow i never look like that....
Quote by Muphin

Exactly, it's not like we're talking about fat chicks here...
i have trouble spotting chavs, even with all the pictures i've seen

emos are easier to sight for me

Wiggers however, i can spot as well example

please ignore the icy hot refrence, i swear i didnt put that in there.
I'd imagine chavs usually come from a lower class background because in deprived areas alcohol and drugs are much more available, and so more idiots use them. I've met emos from a wide variety of backgrounds, so I wouldn't say they're posh kids. But it doesn't really matter, I'm from a comfortable middle class family, and while I'm socially normal my brother likes to break into schools, drink, smoke weed and look at himself in the mirror going 'yeah, nigger boy! I'm such a badass nigger!'

The main problem is he's white.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by armon77
i have trouble spotting chavs, even with all the pictures i've seen

emos are easier to sight for me

Wiggers however, i can spot as well example

please ignore the icy hot refrence, i swear i didnt put that in there.

Chavs:
Page 1 of 2