hey guys i just have a quick question about fret boards, are they all same width on acoustic/electric guitars? because like when i play chord "D" my fingers touch other strings bc i guess my fingers kinda fattish =o. anyways because i been thinking about ripping off curent fret board and buying a bigger one, thanks a lot for help.
hey, if you recently begun playing you will get used to it and you will soon handle it well if you practice
Må Den Svarta Älgen Ta Er!
yeah, it's not about the fretboard but more about knowing where specifically to put your fingers. a wider fretboard may feel better (i know my acoustic, with larger fretboard than my electric, feels significantly different) but it won't solve your problem.
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
Just practice properly, and you'll be able to make all the common chord shapes on a thin electric neck.

Unless you're some hideously deformed mutant, you shouldn't have to worry about how thick the neck is on a normal guitar.
Jackson JS30KE
Roland Cube 30
yes it would work lawl, easily pray off the neck and then glue a different neck, there are so many guitar mods so please dont say it would not work if you dont know _____ (insert profanity here) but year i guess i just gota keep practising....
yeah youll eventually get usedto it man.. ahve you been playing long..if you havent then youll eventually get used to it, i have a mustang, and a les paul my mustanghas a 24 in. scale and the lp has like whatever thosehave..i think 24.75 and the neck is wider on the lp so maybe theyrewider with the longer the scale..i have small hands and i used to play a strat when i started and got used to it, and now playing smaller scales dude i can play a lot better from getting used to playing biiger scales
Quote by LastFreeAngel
yes it would work lawl, easily pray off the neck and then glue a different neck, there are so many guitar mods so please dont say it would not work if you dont know _____ (insert profanity here) but year i guess i just gota keep practising....

Unless you have a bolt-on, replacing the neck simply isn't practical. If you're having so much trouble with a simple D chord, your problem is most likely technique.