Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to amplify vocals when jamming to a good level. Right now I'm hooking a mic up to a spare guitar amp through a preamp. It works well at lower volumes but I get a lot of feedback when i turn up the amplification. Anyone have any ideas?
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Sing louder.

Yeah, don't do that. You might want to get a better amp. Or maybe a PA system? I don't know if this will work, but try plugging in a noise gate into the amp you're using, it works with guitar feedback, but I don't know about feedback from a mic.
Quote by skateguitar
Yeah, don't do that. You might want to get a better amp. Or maybe a PA system? I don't know if this will work, but try plugging in a noise gate into the amp you're using, it works with guitar feedback, but I don't know about feedback from a mic.

why wouldn't he want to sing louder?
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
PA is the way to go, cause then you can plug any other istrument in. Our band uses a PA to do bass, two keyboards, and two mics. it really is the best solution.
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
noisegate could work actually. i'll try that out next time, thanks!
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man

Puts a lot of unneeded stress on the vocal chords that can cause some problems in the long run if you do it long enough
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man

its not good to overexert your voice. you should sing a the level that gives you the proper sound and isn't uncomfortable.