On my ZR trem the whammy bar isn't as strudy as it was, every time I twist it to tighten it, it doesn't stay firlmly in place, it swings down and usually hit the volume knob on the guitar.

I took it off and noticed there was some grey powder, which I presume is the metal of the thread on the ZR worn away.

Anyone ever experienced this and know a way to remedy it? I've only had the guitar for about a month...
Funny words.
I have that exact same problem with my Ibanez S470, right now, it's a stoptail guitar basically because the arm doesn't stay in, i've looked at it, and can't even figure out how it worked in the first place
Gear: Framus Cobra - Homemade Warmoth guitar - Ibanez S470 - Alvarez acoustic
all the whammy bars ive seen dont need to be tight to work. the grey powder is from over tightening it. you just use it loose. It worked for me (i had the exact same problem when i started playing)
ZR arm sockets are disgusting. Take some plumber's tape and wrap it around the thread. Then screw it in, it should keep it tight for a while.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
ZR arm sockets are disgusting. Take some plumber's tape and wrap it around the thread. Then screw it in, it should keep it tight for a while.

Yeah, it's literally the only thing I dislike about the entire trem system, and I'm usually really picky.
Funny words.