Recently, me and a couple of my friends were going to put a band together. Me and one friend were guitarists and the other was a drummer. We were well into converting the drummer's basement into a practice room. We spent excessive time tearing up floor tile for carpet, hanging posters, putting up stereos, etc. Anyway, a few weeks later my buddies were hangin out with this guy when I walked up. I found they were talking about a jam session they had the night before with the guy I don't even know on guitar! They replaced me with a guy they had met a week ago! I was pretty confused. I had put in so much time into helping put this band together and they just went and replaced me. Before you ask, I don't know whether this guy is better than me or not, and really I don't care. I just want to know if I have a right to be pissed off at them for letting me do all this work, only to be replaced and not notified! So tell me whether I do or whether I should just get over it.
Damn, that's slack.

Give them hell!
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Yeah, they don't sound like friends.

You have every right to be pissed. They should have at the very least told you.
"We weren’t too ambitious when we started out. We just wanted to be the biggest thing that ever walked the planet."
-- Steven Tyler
yeah, that's bullsh*t! but are you sure he's not a second guitarist?

EDIT: guess there are 2 of you already - just tell the new guy if he doesn't bring a bass to practice next time he has to sit out
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Last edited by phatsack at Nov 14, 2007,
You should ask them why they didn't tell you, and why are they replacing you, when you can have more than two guitarists in a band?
Just go hit his bass drum and cymbal stands with a baseball bat, that should get the message through.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s