What do people think of the new Exodus album? I am thinking about buying it but first I wanted some second opinions.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
It's a very good and very well produced album, much like SHKM. I think SHKM is better than this one creatively though, but I still recommend you pick it up.
Disspointing when you compare it with Bonded by Blood and Fabulous Disaster, but if you digged SHKM, you should be okay with it.
I heard a couple songs I liked. I was wondering about the rest of the album though. SHKM is really good too.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Might just have been me, but it seemed more groove-oriented than the previous two.

Still enjoyable though.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Just downloaded the album its tits. Especially Children Of A worthless God, go and buy it
very cool album. I like this new direction Exodus are going. New singer adds a different dynamic than previous 2 (duh). I like. Now we wait for Exhibit B.

Also the guitar work is awesome.
I listened to some of the new songs on their myspace. They sound pretty good.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
I really liked it, better than Shovel Headed Kill Machine. I liked the ten minute songs, but there wasn't a huge amount of movement to them, but for solos, it is one of the best metal albums around. There's also a bit less of the overly prominent crunch that there was in SHKM.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I thought it was awesome. I can understand why a lot of pure old school thrash fans would hate it. I personally love old school thrash but im a fan of a lot of the newer thrash thats coming out when its done well, and Kreator and Exodus have been doing it the best, like always.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

It's OK. Drags horribly after the opening 20-ish minutes. But the opening thrashers are all goooood.

6.7/10
Henrique > Kovalchuk > Parise
robs vocals arent as heavy and strong since he lost weight. But God's riffs (holt) still kick arse, though can be a little repeptive.
Its great if you like the newer Exodus.
Quote by Silent_Jester13
This is the biggest collection of ADD i've ever seen.
I think this album is awesome! Bought it at the release date. Now I HAVE to buy Exhibit B as well. Even though I know I won't afford it the day it's released :P
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Meh... I don't really like it, all the new Exodus stuff follows the same formula. The intro song is bad as **** though, but that's not worth the price of admission.
It sounds pretty much the same as SHKM, which was alright. I really dislike the 10 minute songs, they take for-****ing-ever. There are only a few bands that can pull that off, at least in my opinion, and Exodus is definitely not one of them.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
I really like SHKM. I listen to it a ton. I've heard bad reviews about this new one, though. Goes on forever...all the same...you get the point. Is it worth it if I like SHKM?
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
I really like SHKM. I listen to it a ton. I've heard bad reviews about this new one, though. Goes on forever...all the same...you get the point. Is it worth it if I like SHKM?

Yeah, it's a vast improvement on SHKM. It remins me a bit of what I heard on Tempo Of The Damned, groovy, fast, cool bass and guitar sound. And, I've said before, THE SOLOS ARE EPICALLY GOOD. Ignore the bad reviews, there are two ten minute songs, one of them does get slightly samey, but it's hardly a flaw of the album. The only problem I have with one of the ten minute songs, is there are long gaps of riffage between solos or vocals, if Rob sang throughout some of the gaps, then probably all of those negative reviews would go away.

And anyway, how do you know there's goign to be and Exhibit B? Or are you saying it because it sounds cool?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
"Guitarist Gary Holt has stated it is named "Exhibit A" because Exodus plans to create an "Exhibit B" soon, of which they have already recorded 4 songs."

From Wikipedia
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

A-haa, cheers d00d.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife