Hey guys, I'm looking into buying an electric guitar and amp.
I like to play metal and was looking at a Dean MLX along with a Line 6 Spider III Combo Modeling amp.
I'm still pretty new, and my budget can't go much above 300.
Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
As long as you just get the 15 watt version, the Spider will be fine. It doesn't sound particularly good, but it's got a lot of bells and whistles for you to play with.

I'd definitely stay away from the Dean MLX, though.

Switch Stealth Wild makes a good beginner guitar because the hardware is decent and the body isn't made of wood so it can take a beating and will never warp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Nov 14, 2007,
line six spiders are terrible, and marshall MGs too, youl get ass raped if you takl about how aweum they are...and ther not
i think, for a started, theres this ibanez shred package out there...looks good enough...
if you dont want a package, then get a dean vendetta
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Vendetta-1-Electric-Guitar?sku=512914
and this amp is good for practicing peavey transtube
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-TransTube-Rage-158-1x8-15W-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481364
Don't listen to the goddamn MG haters, the MGs might not compare to a JCM or something, but they are damn good beginner amps.
Quote by Chickenparts
Don't listen to the goddamn MG haters, the MGs might not compare to a JCM or something, but they are damn good beginner amps.

They are pretty poor beginner amps actually, they don't have nearly the features a Spider/Cube/Valvetronix has.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
They are pretty poor beginner amps actually, they don't have nearly the features a Spider/Cube/Valvetronix has.

Just my opinion here, but I tried a Marshall MG ten watt and liked it a hell of a lot better than all the cubes, spiders, and Valvetronixes I've tried.