Is there actually any way to get an instrument custom made by Fender?

You know, where you get to design your own guitar like you can do with ESP or Jackson?

If you go to the Fender website and click "Custom Shop" it just gives huge lists of pre-made guitars.
I haven't found a way, I've looked for a custom bass from them. If I were in your situation, maybe I'd suggest looking into a nice jackson or ESP. They're nice instruments, and a custom shop of either would be amazing.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
if you're looking for a custom guitar, go for a prs private stock.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
A friend of mine got one made by Fender. He didn't do it just on the internet though, he like called them up and stuff... but that might just because his brother(? I'm not sure, some male relative) works for them.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Dude, a PRS Private Stock would cost more than ur house. Maybe try to find a number for FMIC Inc. and call em about it.