K, so I played an Ibanez RG today at the music store, and I loved it. I've been eying them for a while, and they finally got one in. It wasn't the model I've been looking at, but I think the specs are similar enough. I was planning on buying the Ibanez RG4EXQM1, and was wondering if anyone had one? I wanna know how it is in the long run. Do things end up needing to be replaced? Does it go out of tune fast? (I use the whammy bar a lot) And is it a real pain to change strings on it?

If anyone doesn't know what model it is, it's the one that looks like this:
i have the rg3ex and i'm superbly content

the rg4ex is an awesome buy, but the trem may be a potential problem
other than that, the pickups could do with a change
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by Phorgot
i have the rg3ex and i'm superbly content

the rg4ex is an awesome buy, but the trem may be a potential problem
other than that, the pickups could do with a change

I'm not much of a person to swap pick ups. I don't need a perfect sound. The RG I was playing had the same pick ups, and they sounded fine.

One of the main reasons I liked it was the trem. It looked amazing, and I've wanted something that can go higher and lower, which I find a hard time finding around here.
Ya, I have the Rg3Ex1 and think its great. If you really want it then buy it. You can switch the trem(Edge 3) out later down the line for an edge pro with little hassle if it becomes a problem.
Quote by angryelephant3
Ya, I have the Rg3Ex1 and think its great. If you really want it then buy it. You can switch the trem(Edge 3) out later down the line for an edge pro with little hassle if it becomes a problem.

Do you know how much an edge pro is to buy and install?

I'm waiting for someone that has the RG4 rather than the 3, since it's the bridge I'm most concerned about.
Quote by angryelephant3
You can switch the trem(Edge 3) out later down the line for an edge pro with little hassle if it becomes a problem.
Not really.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I would not recommend it at all. Had a horrible experience with my 5EX1. cheap hardware, lousy trem, and shoddy quality.
get yourself a prestige model rg,, save up
and on the brightside it takes up less time than saving up for a les paul or a prs