Are the Standards really that much better? I'm talking tonally, because I don't really care about the cosmetics. What are the differences between the two?

Also, don't the Highway One's have better finishes, being that they're nitrocellulose and American standards are polyurethane? Or is there something I'm missing?

I want to know because I want to get a better Strat (or possibly a telecaster) and I'd like to know if the American Standards are worth the extra money. Any help would be appreciated.
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
If you want to get the better instrument, get a Carvin BoltT .

It's about the same price as a highway one, too.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll

+1,000,000
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by FacingUsAll

*shlap* he asked aboutt he strats tho. and personally, i dont trust an instrument i cant try myself but thats jsut something with me.

anyways, they are different guitars, highway ones are great gutiars but they have a different sound than traditional americans. Im actually trying to decide between and Highway and a Standard right now. right now im leaning towards the standard because i want an HSS and the HSS highways only come with rosewood fretboards and black pups so they look rly bad too me...and plus i want maple. but just try both dude
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional