Okay i need to put my laptop an HP 4202 pent 4 256kmemory 40gb HD standard soundcard, through a good PA but when i tried it was very noisy and bad quality. If i format the pc and put a new soundcard in will that help sound quality or do i have to buy another laptop?
You could try and get a fancy sound card that has a billion plugs in the back that allows it to have studio quality sound output...
but being you have a ****ty PC and it being a laptop, it may not the best idea.
Formatting the hard drive won't help sound quality.
formatting won't do anything. a sound card might help, and for laptops you don't replace them, they just go in the express slot or whatever its called. also, it might be the sound quality of the files you're using
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Quote by RPGoof
You could try and get a fancy sound card that has a billion plugs in the back that allows it to have studio quality sound output...
but being you have a ****ty PC and it being a laptop, it may not the best idea.
Formatting the hard drive won't help sound quality.

okay but i dont understand how memory, hd space or pent 4s can affect sound quality. i can buy a acer or dell but its gonna put me in debt.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
okay but i dont understand how memory, hd space or pent 4s can affect sound quality. i can buy a acer or dell but its gonna put me in debt.

if you can buy one of those.... why dont you buy an amp?
Quote by just17n8
if you can buy one of those.... why dont you buy an amp?

Its a mackie active pa. its for dj gigs not guitars mate.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
Its a mackie active pa. its for dj gigs not guitars mate.

ooo.... forgive my ignorance
Buy a USB soundcard.

Make sure you are using the right cables. If you go from stereo to mono, but you use a cable with TRS plugs on each end, the mono Mackie input....well it's actually a balanced input, and it'll cancel out some of your music. Pull the TRS 1/4" plug out partway until it sounds normal, or buy a 1/8"TRS to dual RCA plugs, or dual 1/4TS plugs or something and use two channels, one for left and one for right.

And, sometimes having the power supply hooked up will introduce a faint crackling, so run your laptop off the battery if you can.
you might have to run the pc through a Direct box or a mixer or something, not straight to a speaker. that might be completely wrong though
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
And use studio quality audio rather than compressed quality.
I think .wav is studio and mp3 is compressed...

And I said it'd be a bad idea because decent and new hardware on an old computer isn't the best idea.
Quote by RPGoof
And use studio quality audio rather than compressed quality.
I think .wav is studio and mp3 is compressed...

And I said it'd be a bad idea because decent and new hardware on an old computer isn't the best idea.

again you are not explaining why here. the pc will be cleaned fully and have nothing else running on it.