High Gain, High Volume, 100 watt head. We all know what im talking about. Right now I using a Noise gate and It does the trick, but It gets in the way of all my other channels.

I would like to not have to use the noise gate and still have my gain at around 8 or nine. Would changing the stock tube in my marshall to tugsol 12ax7's and and JJ power tubes help get rid of this anoying problem? Im still on the factory MArshall tubes.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
High-quality preamp tubes would only make a fairly minor improvement unless there's a specific fault with the stock ones, but are you certain it's coming from the tubes or could it be pickup microphonics as well?

And are we definitely talking microphonics or do you mean harmonic feedback? Sometimes the two definitions get a bit blurred...
Where you get a high pitched, unmusical squeel even with the strings muted.

I was under the impression high quality pre amp tubes drastically cut down unwanted muted sting feedback.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
That's a pretty accurate impression, yes.

However, Marshall stock tubes aren't usually too bad (not sure what they're currently using - though I think their own valves are mostly rebranded Sovteks), which led me to suspect it might actually be pickup microphonics. What guitar are you using?
I was using EMG 81 85's. Im going back to passives though. Still, The squeeling is just terrible. I know that there will always be some. But what I have is rediculaus. There isnt even anyway to control it. Except a High End Noise Gate, Which if I could find a way, I would like to remove from my signal chain.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12