hey guys, i recently bought an ibanez rg body, and neck and im working on a project guitar, and i was wonder what would be the best pickups for me, i play alot of different types of music, some zeppelin, some metallica, some green day, punk, rock, metal... is there a set of pups that would accomate the sounds(s) im looking for... i dont really know much about this stuff yet, but im learning as i go...

any help would be appreciated

thanks
Invaders actually sound terrible,,,I would stay as far away from them as possible

for a pretty all encompassing bridge pup I'd say something like a Dimarzio Tone Zone would be good,, Neck Pickups for the styles you listed could vary quite a bit.
Go check out www.rockfieldpickups.com, listen to the sound bites. I think the SWC would work. I have a fatass in the bridge, and a mafia in the neck of my ltd m100. I'm getting the same setup for my king v, and some SWV's for my ltd ec500. EMG's suck.
Crate XT120R w/Eminence Texas Heat speakers
Randall V2 Head(stolen)
Randall 2x 12 1x15 cab(stolen)
LTD EC500 w/Rockfield SWC's(emg sux)(stolen)
Jackson KVX10 King V w/Rockfield Fatass/Mafia P'ups(stolen)
M100FM(ESP/LTD); Rockfield Fatass p'ups
DiMarzio Evo or Evo II would be nice, along with a Duncan Jazz or a DiMarzio Vintage PAF. Rockfields are good, as well as BareKnuckles if u can afford em. Some how Billie Joel got an Invader to sound good, and Metallica used EMGs, so u might wanna Pool route the body and do some mods on the pickguard for a 3-humbucker RG. Definately would look interesting
Quote by qotsa1998
DiMarzio Evo or Evo II would be nice, along with a Duncan Jazz or a DiMarzio Vintage PAF. Rockfields are good, as well as BareKnuckles if u can afford em. Some how Billie Joel got an Invader to sound good, and Metallica used EMGs, so u might wanna Pool route the body and do some mods on the pickguard for a 3-humbucker RG. Definately would look interesting

Wow. You continue to give bad and mostly generic and useless advice....
Quote by arowana1027
Go check out www.rockfieldpickups.com, listen to the sound bites. I think the SWC would work. I have a fatass in the bridge, and a mafia in the neck of my ltd m100. I'm getting the same setup for my king v, and some SWV's for my ltd ec500. EMG's suck.

i like the sound of these pups... any ways i can hear what your setup sounds like??
Quote by sorefingers23
i like the sound of these pups... any ways i can hear what your setup sounds like??

If you want to wait till Jan, when I get back to Orlando. I'm home for the holidays right now, skipped this six weeks of school. All my recording gear is down there, the computer here doesn't even have a mic. But I can tell you this, my setup is a little deeper sounding, I think because of the agathis wood the guitar body is made of.
Crate XT120R w/Eminence Texas Heat speakers
Randall V2 Head(stolen)
Randall 2x 12 1x15 cab(stolen)
LTD EC500 w/Rockfield SWC's(emg sux)(stolen)
Jackson KVX10 King V w/Rockfield Fatass/Mafia P'ups(stolen)
M100FM(ESP/LTD); Rockfield Fatass p'ups
Quote by arowana1027
If you want to wait till Jan, when I get back to Orlando. I'm home for the holidays right now, skipped this six weeks of school. All my recording gear is down there, the computer here doesn't even have a mic. But I can tell you this, my setup is a little deeper sounding, I think because of the agathis wood the guitar body is made of.

i dunno if ill be able to hold out that long, im dying to get this thing playable haha... but i would love to hear how they sound either way..
Quote by qotsa1998

...pretty sure that's a piano

TS, invaders suck donkey balls...I say stick a pair of Dimarzio Breeds in the thing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com