Which be the cooler one?

I prefer whammy-ing, there is nothing cooler than grab that whammy bar and making that guitar bow to your will through sheer force. Pushing a button is kinda lame.
wah

fo' sho.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
the wah, you can make wayy more sounds, use it as a tone control, make songs funkier, and make solos more interesting
I am the last Samaurai

Quote by Strati
Note to self: keep off thread while on lsd trip.

Quote by gtrfrk123
Well i'm still fairly young so i still hump random things

Quote by Woogles
****K YOU HOE!
GTFO MAH UG!
Wah is way better
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
I thought you meant the Whammy pedal... =/

But, the whammy BAR is cool, but I very, very, very rarely use it. Wah and/or Whammy pedals are better, IMO.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Get ready for this crazy idea:

BOTH!!!!

*explodes*
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by Landmines
Which be the cooler one?

I prefer whammy-ing, there is nothing cooler than grab that whammy bar and making that guitar bow to your will through sheer force. Pushing a button is kinda lame.

Clearly you've only used auto-wahs then, i.e with a normal wah pedal you actual control the wah with your foot...and it is very expressive.

Besides the thread title makes it sound like you're comparing a Digitech Whammy with a wah pedal...so kinda confusing. They're both completely different effects...a wah pedal affects the tone, whereas whammy refers to changing the pitch of the note(s).
Last edited by last_biscuit at Nov 14, 2007,
Quote by Landmines
Which be the cooler one?

BOTH DUDE lol
www.myspace.com/abnegative <<< Check It!
well, who do you like better, Jimi Hendrix or Tom Morello?
I plays guitars.
Quote by 2003LP
well, who do you like better, Jimi Hendrix or Tom Morello?

I'd say hendrix actually uses his whammy bar more, though mainly with vibrato, and morello uses wah alot more than you may think
Quote by 2003LP
well, who do you like better, Kirk Hammett or Herman Ri?

fixed.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Last edited by shut_up_n00b at Nov 14, 2007,
wah, no contest
Quote by AlecMag
You have made a potentially boring thread epic. Be proud.

Quote by rabidguitarist
deanwad could be right, actually.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by Landmines
Which be the cooler one?

i dunno about you, but my wah is in the form of a pedal
ehh
Quote by skaguitarist53
i dunno about you, but my wah is in the form of a pedal

The pedal pushes down on a small button, and the pedal compresses and releases the button, creating the "wah" sound.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
The pedal pushes down on a small button, and the pedal compresses and releases the button, creating the "wah" sound.

Haha if only you knew how wrong you are.

That is NOT how a wah pedal works. There is a treadle in the rocker of the pedal, which controls a potentiometer (?) that basically increases and cuts the midrange of the signal depending on the position of the pedal.

The button you refer to is present on some Crybaby wahs...as the way of turning the effect on and off with your foot on the pedal...other pedals e.g my switchless crybaby wah, do not have this button, or have the button to the side e.g Morley Powerwah.
My guitar didn't come with a whammy bar
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
wtf is avant garde

good question though because im trying to decide whether to get the digitech whammy or a dunlop 535q for christmas and its killing me. id love to get both but idk if i can.
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
the thing is they dont do the same thing the wammy bar bends the pitch down or up and the wah pedal bends the tone. But any way i think the wammy bar is cooler b/cause it just sounds sick
Gear:
Epi les paul custom white
Fender hot rod deluxe
Jimi Hendrix wah
EHX big muff pi
Boss DS-1
Monster cables
depends on what I'm playing, but normally I like both. I only like to use a bar with a locking nut; without one, it goes out of tune and it sucks. Wah sounds really awesome for soloing and can be really expressive, but it's really easy to over-wah. But with a trem. you can do sweet divebombs and harmonic dives and screams, but then add wah to all that, and it makes it even better.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by Landmines
Which be the cooler one?

I really like the sound of a good wah pedal compared to the whammy pedal
the whammy only works on single notes...just doesnt sound good on chords...