Page 1 of 2
Is anyone interested in making an RPG game using RPG Maker XP with me and a few other UGers? We've got like 4 people working on it in our own small forum. We've got the background story and whatnot done.

(It's a SNES style RPG game, by the way)

So, we need writers. People seriously interested in writing a well developed, well written plot, not the "Gather the crystals to seal the evil power," crap.

This is a map we came up with:

Here's a summary:

"I know many of us could use a good summary and quick reference to some of the basics of our game. Here, I'll provide a basic summary of our factions, locations, and a timeline of the events that happen during the background of the story. The timeline would normally go into the background thread, but it should make things easier if it were here.

Right now, we have 3 MAIN factions, with their own beliefs and such.

The Legionnaire Of The Disciples - The Legion - The largest of our factions resides eastward in the port city of Port Moirai (pull out those maps, folks!). They believe in the Heavens. More specifically, they worship the Disciples, an ancient people who spoke directly to the Heavens. They try to live in the footsteps of the Disciples in their everyday lives.

The Legion's social structure is based heavily in economics, and where people reside on the ladder is based on their economic status. The Legion have three social classes: a small elite class, which consists of aristocrats, the clergy, and owners of large pieces of land; a very large middle class, consisting of smaller landowners, lesser clergy, tradesmen, farmers, and other workers; and a very small poor class, with tenant farmers and debted people.

The Legion's politics and leaders are church based, as their beliefs are strongly rooted into society. Their current leader and commander-in-chief is High Overlord Deiza Forgoth IV, who's family has been leading The Legion for decades. He is a stubborn and brutish leader, always on a hair trigger. Even though he is ill-tempered, he keeps an air of stony confidence. Under the High Overlord is the Heaven's Council, a group of 5 members chosen by the High Overlord to help him with matters of the state and church. These 3 men and 2 women govern The Legion in the High Overlord's name, though he himself does not usually take place in their sessions, as High Overlord Forgoth fancies himself as a military genius, and mediates his time to fighting in war and training the army.

The Followers Of Reason - The Reals - The second largest, yet just as formidable Reals reside in Macri City in the south. They are the most radical in thought between the Legion and Sects; they do not believe in the Heavens. Rather, they have decided to base their life on rational thought and reason. This has made them very successful in technological advancements and overall standards of living.

The Reals keep to a very basic social structure which resembles very much like communism. There is no real defined classes, per se, as a majority of Reals live comfortably as workers, tradesmen, farmers, scholars, and scientists. They easily share resources between each other and maintain a very high quality of life for most of the population. As by their way of life, they have set up an education system for their children, with a set curriculum of knowledge. This allows for the children to enter into the Real society easily at an early age and maintain the quality of life for the population.

The political structure of The Reals is also surprisingly simple. The Reals are led by an elected group of 10 people, usually the most intelligent candidates, with dedicated lifelong studies in many different subjects. This group is called the Intellect. They govern over the Reals and set laws of reason.

The Keepers Of Aerth - The Sects - The Sects take sanctuary in the northern city of Heavens Light, hidden away by the rain forest and ancient trees. The Sects are somewhat similar to the Legion in which they also believe in the Heavens. However, the Sects are actually the descendants of the Disciples the Legion worship. The Legion refuses to believe this, however, stating with full confidence that the Disciples died out ages ago. Because of this, the Sects and Legion hate each other.

[More on Sect social structure soon]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's your basics on the factions. If there's more you need to know in a summarized format, make a request, and I'll add it to the summaries above.

And now, here's my projected timeline of Aerth's history, leading up to our hero's adventure.

Aerth's human life came into existence in our year 6 A.D., making their timeline much more antiquated and less technologically advanced as ours. As people on Aerth tell lengths of time by the moon Versa (Ceras to Sects and Legions) and Telos (Relis to Sects and Legion), they keep numbers alongside the respective name.

Examples: Reals - 2nd Telos, 3rd Versa (Second month of the third year.)
Sects and Legion - 5th Relis of the 4th coming of Ceras (Fifth month of the fourth year.)

All recorded history on Aerth began at 1st Versa (Ceras). I hope I didn't terribly confuse anyone with the time. Just think simplified years and months, and you should be fine. Remember that Versa is Ceras to Legion and Sects.

The actual existence of humans on Aerth happened 132 years before recorded history (1st Versa).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Versa - Beginning of recorded history on Aerth. Simple tribes existed.

15th Versa - Formation of bigger tribes; beginning of the ideal of Heavens.

34th Versa - The beginning of the Hierarchy of High Ones.
34th Versa, 10th Telos - The Hierarchy is officially begun.

52nd Versa - The Hierarchy of the High Ones becomes the dominant force on Aerth.

77th Versa - The Hierarchy reaches its peak; The Golden Age begins.

77th Versa to 108th Versa - The Golden Age of the Hierarchy.

108th Versa - Some people begin to leave The Hierarchy; prerequisite of the Reals.

139th Versa - The Hierarchy experiences some civil dispute; is quickly dissolved. Some begin to question The Hierarchy. Small civil disputes happen here and there throughout the years.

155th Versa - A larger civil dispute shakes the capitol; massive casualties are recorded.
155th Versa, 4th Telos - The official beginning of the Lost Age; an unruly mob takes hold of a capitol building in the Hierarchy main city. All out civil war begins.

155th Versa, 4th Telos to 157th Versa, 8th Telos - The Lost Age of the Hierarchy. Massive civil war erupts. Sides are taken. More people take southward to the Reals. The ones fighting against the Hierarchy are the descendants of the Legion and Sects.

157th Versa, 6th Telos - Projected beginning of the game. Our hero's father is fighting against the rebels. The mother (who is only a few days pregnant with our hero) escapes to the south, where the Reals are already becoming a major power.

157th Versa, 8th Telos - The Hierarchy is completely disbanded. The remaining scattered take refuge in the city's remains, the rebels war amongst themselves and form the beginnings of the Legion and Sects.

158th Versa, 3rd Telos - Our hero is born in the Real camp 10 miles away from the future Macri City.

161st Versa - The Legion becomes the biggest power on Aerth, due to a massive influx of refugees and general popularity. The Sects also form and gain numbers.

164th Versa - It is discovered that the Reals number almost as large as the Legion. The Sects are not far behind in followers.

172nd Versa - Conflict begins between the factions; war is declared.

178th Versa - The projected beginning of our hero's story."

If you're interested, PM me or comment on my profile or something and I'll send you a link to the forums.

Also, we're not using the music from the RPG Soundtrack thread anymore. We're all musicians, we can come up with something.
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Dec 15, 2007,
Heh, this looks fun. Hope you guys don't get sick of it halfway through!
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
Someone tried this a few months ago
epic phail
got a lot of replies though

That may have been us .

And if I remember correctly, you were the one who kept saying this was going to phail...
Quote by RedDeath9
That may have been us .

And if I remember correctly, you were the one who kept saying this was going to phail...

and i was right
:P
nice backstory btw
i might steal it
if i can conjure up some work ethic...
Are you not done writing yet?
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
No, it died for like a whole 2 months, then srowland98, ozone, graybass and I got it going again, just a few weeks ago. We're like the only people who are working on it right now.
For sure. We could definitely use some fresh ideas, since I've been having a little writer's block. Nothing major, but enough to slow even my output to a trickle.

HeavenlyVirus, if you can build off my ideas, I'm sure we'd like to see it.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
i might contribute a couple cool ideas if i get around to reading the whole thing
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Why would all you break the strike line?
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
Ohh damn I remember I took part in this a loong time ago.
We really should make our own UG game.
Then sell it and add it to our UG missile silo fund.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
I'm pretty damn sure this isn't going to get anywhere near completion.
"Lightning bolt!"

"Magic missile!"

"Sleep!"

"Death!"

Edit: In all honesty, I actually enjoy playing RPG's. This looks a lot like a Final Fantasy type plot. Well done.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at Nov 15, 2007,
Alright, does anybody else want to help write the music? You know, that video game type stuff.

And we're still looking for people interested in writing.
I would absolutely love to help you with this. But I can't guarantee I would be able to devote any amount of time to it. So I think I'll have to pass. I'd love to play it if you ever manage to finish though. No one ever does though, haha.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
I can't write any scripts or program anything, but I have a MILLION ideas for RPGS and MMORPGS. I'd love to help with ideas.
One of my ideas that I always wanted to incorporate into an RPG is the ability to customize weapons. Like, you can buy different gun parts, create things such as scopes, silencers, etc., so that very few single weapons are the same and therefor they are very valuable.

I know the whole guns and silencers thing isnt exactly what you were thinking of, but you get the idea...
this needs to get done. i wanna play it....
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by halfback_712
One of my ideas that I always wanted to incorporate into an RPG is the ability to customize weapons. Like, you can buy different gun parts, create things such as scopes, silencers, etc., so that very few single weapons are the same and therefor they are very valuable.

I know the whole guns and silencers thing isnt exactly what you were thinking of, but you get the idea...

I don't know if we can do that with RPG Maker, but we can try it... How would you do it with swords and stuff like that, though?

Quote by SuperBlob
Again? For ****s sake

PM link, AGAIN

Ah, yes, I remember you... PM sent.
Quote by Its_Rock77
this needs to get done. i wanna play it....

I'm sure everyone wants to play it but we lack members who will actually do some work .
I'm in, if you want art, tilesets, etc.

I could have a go at thinking some ideas up too, I'm pretty imaginative.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Yeah, we need some concept art and stuff done. We used to have sock_demon doing those, but I don't think he goes there anymore...

We only have a few active members right now... We may need to get each other's email addresses.
i can help out with some ideas and w/e u need done except all the technical computer stuff lol not too good there, but i can def give ideas, write some dialogue and stuff like that
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
How about a long quest that will take you all over the RPG world, to get to know it, and after you're finished with it, you can try harder stuff or even group quests(if you plan to take it online)
Mega bump. I could use a few more imaginative minds to help with the story.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Hm. I can help with music, plot/script, art; anything, really. I'm an absolute RPG buff and I'm working on a game currently.
Quote by Angels Fighter
we once had night of just slapping each others ass. Is that incest?

call me evan.

bass militia's pretentious dick. pm dinkydaisy.

the trap i set for you seems to've caught my leg instead.

<meh> I'm pro black penis in my bum
You need fucking Dragons!

Or some Dragon-fucking...
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
Quote by RedDeath9
Yeah, we need some concept art and stuff done. We used to have sock_demon doing those, but I don't think he goes there anymore...

We only have a few active members right now... We may need to get each other's email addresses.

Ill do concept art. Just PM me for E-mail address. Also, I dont like reading the wall of text, so just summerize it for me sil vous plait?
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
Ah, finally getting more members... Now we just need those guys that were helping way back in the summer...

Anyone else wanna help? I'll PM you the link to the forums where we do our 'work'.
i have ideas for rpg's i guess pm me because i have to leave for a while
The greatest irony you will face is the fact that we wake up to live in a nightmare
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL
well played sir, well played
If Canadia wasn't a real place then where would Canadians come from?

T_T
I can do maps (hand-drawn...I could send you one of my old ones so you can see what it's like) and some things with a storyline. I can do music too I guess. Just PM me.
R.I.P. Turner Blaine
Due,I'm in for writing this ****, and I want to do the music
Is it gonna look like graphics from the first Final Fantsy and Zelda, or is it 3-d
Stupid attachments window won't open, and clicking a smiley scrolls me to the top of the page instead of put the characters.

Anyways...here's something I made in the last few hours:

If you need some tilesets done, let me know.
Page 1 of 2