I was just wondering if anybody could tell me if 1995 was a good year for Squire. I have a squire stratocaster and it sounds just as good as my fender strat. Every thing in both guitars are stock. I paid about $350 for the squire and the fender was about $1200.
Firstly, I assume you mean Squier then.
And erm...as far as I know there's never been a good year for squier...they're hardly the best of the budget guitars.
what kind of amp are you running the guitars through? if its small, low wattage, or cheap i would think they'll probably sound about the same anyways
ehh
The main reason Squiers are cheap is (low quality hardware aside) because the quality control is much worse. This means you'll find the occasional guitar that just happens to be excellent!

What's the serial number, out of interest? That could shed some light on where it was made - most were made in Korea or China, but some were made in Mexico as well, and also Japan.
I have a Crate glx15 15 watt amp and I also have an ancient Epiphone e-20-b, I use the e-20-b the most but the only bad thing is that it doesnt have distortion so I use the glx15 or hook up my digitech grunge pedal to the e-20-b when I need distortion.
Quote by RAH16
I have a Crate glx15 15 watt amp and I also have an ancient Epiphone e-20-b, I use the e-20-b the most but the only bad thing is that it doesnt have distortion so I use the glx15 or hook up my digitech grunge pedal to the e-20-b when I need distortion.

Yep, that is most likely the reason why the Fender doesn't appear particularly stand-out in comparison to the Squier. Try them both through a good amp however, and you'd be very surprised.
The serial # is VN589547, Made In Korea if you google the number it just shows a link for the auction i got it at.
Indeed. Seems like you were one of the lucky ones, the Korean Squiers aren't even close to a decent Fender most of the time.

That said, you won't hear much difference in sound if you're using a little SS Crate amp...
I've taken both my guitars to lessons that I take at my local music store and the instructor has a Fender Strat and he said that my Squire sounds better than his Fender, I dont know if he is trying to make me not feel so bad about owning a Squier, but I've had several people comment on the tone of my Squire. Im aslo not really sure what kind of amps he is using thoug.
Last edited by RAH16 at Nov 14, 2007,
I was just wondering if anybody could tell me if 1995 was a good year for Squire. I have a squire stratocaster and it sounds just as good as my fender strat. Every thing in both guitars are stock. I paid about $350 for the squire and the fender was about $1200.[/QUOTE]

OK , i love my squier and all, but something is VERY VERY wrong if your 1200$ gutiar sounds jsut as good as a squier. what amp are you playing through? cause that american should in no way sound like a squier.

once again, im not biast, well i am ,but in favor of squiers of love the thigns, wonderful guitars for the money, but man, not that good!!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
the amps i use are in the #6 reply the reason why the squire and fender soud the same might be because the fender is older.
AHA! ya on those amps they will sound the same
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
drop EMG-81/81 plus sheilding into your squire and your fender will cry all the way to the bank. i back the underdog but give him steroids just in case. i'd way rather get a killer amp than a killer guitar. you half way there by getting a killer guitar like your fender strat but that guitar is made to play LOUD add 60w to the party and you'll probably throw your squire away.
my squires fine,tbh it prolly gets most play out of all my guitars.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by bodomfan666
my squires fine,tbh it prolly gets most play out of all my guitars.

oh, i love ym squier dont get me wrong, but a squier is supposed to sound a lot worse than an american, adn every american ive ever played is better than a squier
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional