how will u know if the bridge is floyded?
and is this floyded? thx
IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/foxiladie2k/P1010080.jpg

Yes there is a floyd rose tremolo on there. You shouldnt buy it cos you think floyded is a term for "has a floyd rose" and you can't tell if it does.
usually a true floyd rose trem. will have a patent engraved on it on one of the sides or the back thats really the only way to tell as there are rip offs that look alike but dont hold up as well

btw that sticker is f-ing sweet!
it seems so, but it could be officially licensed* floyd rose (basically a lesser floyd rose like epiphone to gibson) or an actual floyd. Id say find out for sure which one so you can get your moneys worth.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Yes there is a floyd rose tremolo on there. You shouldnt buy it cos you think floyded is a term for "has a floyd rose" and you can't tell if it does.

i dun get it.. actually im trading this guitar for a DD-2 boss pedal
you mean your trading a dd-3 for that guitar? you make it sound like you have that guitar and are trading it for a dd-3
no im going to trade my dd3 for my guitar... whats the difference between floyd to ordinary bridges or how will u kno if it has floyd innit
I agree with makuserusukotto, but just to educate you a little, I'll give you a brief description of what a Floyd is and does.

A Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo system includes a special bridge and nut designed to lock the strings in place to keep them in tune. This allows heavy use of the whammy bar without knocking the tuning into next week. It is very popular with lead guitar, as whammy bar usage gives a new dimension to solos. It is normally not advised for a beginner to use a Floyd, as it can be a pain to maintain, restring, and change tunings. There are different Floyd Roses out there, some are Original Floyd Roses (made by the original Floyd Rose company), some are Licensed Floyd Roses (the original company gives permission for separate manufacturers to make their own, resulting in a lower price)... Originals are renowned for their superior quality to most Licensed ones. If you think you can learn to use it, and will use it, then I would say go for it. I love having a Floyd. But if you don't want that kind of maintenance or are slow to learn things like that, then I suggest something with a fixed bridge.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
To both the above posts, ++++1

to the guy that started this thread, what the h*** are you smoking, and why aren't you sharing.
Crate XT120R w/Eminence Texas Heat speakers
Randall V2 Head(stolen)
Randall 2x 12 1x15 cab(stolen)
LTD EC500 w/Rockfield SWC's(emg sux)(stolen)
Jackson KVX10 King V w/Rockfield Fatass/Mafia P'ups(stolen)
M100FM(ESP/LTD); Rockfield Fatass p'ups
Quote by digger35
There doesn't appear to be a locking nut..

yes, there is. The TS screwed up the img-tags on the top picture
Quote by zackywackyhacky
so that means i could do dive bombs like crazy without getting my strings out of tune..

probably... depends on the quality of the bridge and how good is it set up
Quote by kyrreca
yes, there is. The TS screwed up the img-tags on the top picture

My mistake, I've never seen a locking nut like that before
that is yamha's locking nut i guess.. it doesnt neeed allen keys nemore.. hmm i just cnfirmed that this guitar is japanese made.. honestly how much worth do u think this guitar have?
the middle locking nut seems to be missing
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
wat pickups does it have? what type of floyd rose? take a closer picture of the bridge. how old is it?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by zackywackyhacky
that is yamha's locking nut i guess.. it doesnt neeed allen keys nemore.. hmm i just cnfirmed that this guitar is japanese made.. honestly how much worth do u think this guitar have?

That's kinda difficult to say. Japanese made guitars are generally of good quality, but it depends on what condition it's in, which is hard to tell from the pictures. I'm pretty sure I would trade my DD-3 for it, but not without trying it first.
Its probably going to be more trouble than its worth. The middle lock on the locking nut is missing and the knife edges are probably blunt if the seller is trading for a pedal.

My advise; dont get it.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by zackywackyhacky

yeah but their locking nut without allen key is still fairly new, and looking at the age of that guitar...or at least judging by the state its in

I don't it has one yet.
Gear
- ESP Ltd Viper-200
- Peavey Valve King 212

Quote by DC METAL666
You know you're a guitar player when you finger your fretboard more than your girlfriend
Quote by .arkness:.
Its probably going to be more trouble than its worth. The middle lock on the locking nut is missing and the knife edges are probably blunt if the seller is trading for a pedal.

My advise; dont get it.

hmm what knife edges..
im having a second thought of getting this guitar tom. but does old age causes the sound of the guitar to wear off.. he said that this guitar was 90's hmm 27 years or so..
I would go for it. And c'mon guys, a nut lock block set is like $10, its not a major repair. Also, you had a thread on this TS, why are you making another?
Quote by zackywackyhacky
hmm what knife edges..

the knife edge is the pivoting point of the floyd, if it goes dull then ur tuning stability goes down the drain
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
with rg on the headstock and the general shape, I'd say it's an Ibanez - They use an ege II trem, which is very similar to a Floyd in the way it works - i.e., it's a locking trem, with all the infe tuners, nuts & all that fancy stuff that floyds entail.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by Korzack
with rg on the headstock and the general shape, I'd say it's an Ibanez - They use an ege II trem, which is very similar to a Floyd in the way it works - i.e., it's a locking trem, with all the infe tuners, nuts & all that fancy stuff that floyds entail.

Its a Yamaha Its an 80s one. Made in Japan. Good guitars, if with mildly uncomfortable trems and average pickups. Trems seem to hold up pretty well.
Quote by Korzack

are you serious?? it says yamaha on the headstock
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by CJRocker
Its a Yamaha Its an 80s one. Made in Japan. Good guitars, if with mildly uncomfortable trems and average pickups. Trems seem to hold up pretty well.

Sorry, only thing I could read was the RGX bit, so presumed it was an Ibanez. Tried to make out the actual company writing, but my eyes started to hurt.
Not really keen on floyds myself - had an epi SG with 1, & the damn thing just would not stay in tune at all, it was like as soon as I'd finished tuning one end the other side'd be like half a tone out - it used to just keep slipping down all the time, took it to a pro to get it set up, and it started slipping UP. So now I ripped the floyd out & am gonna get a hard-tail over the hole.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
hmm.. so sad.. i thot this guitar was good and all because it was made in japan and all i have to do is restore the paint.. yes it maybe more trouble than its worth.. im going to just get grx20 from ibanez
Quote by Korzack

This is terrible logic.

I don't think you've ever played a guitar in your life.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/