hey guys i have 300 dollars to spend on an amp and i was lookin at the line 6 spider II 75hd 150 watt head.
does anyone have any comments on this???

I play stuff like The Spill Canvas, From Autumn To Ashes, Bayside, Taking back sunday
stuff like that haha
don't get the line 6, you'll be downgrading your vox.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Miggy01
don't get the line 6, you'll be downgrading your vox.

+1... your amp now really isnt bad at all. save your money and a nice tube amp.
^yeah he's got great gear and

the spider
(I wish I could get a DRRI ketchup)

If you really want an upgrade, keep your money and buy a tube amp after saving up more.
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
it seems like your vox should be good for the music you play, and it seems like a spider would be steering in the total opposite direction
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
Quote by xbouncer927
i liked how the line 6 sound
alotta people hate them just because other people hate them
and yea my vox is pretty decent but the tubed version sounds like crap

well honestly i dont think the line 6 is HORRIBLE... it can be decent at bedroom volumes, but its nothing speacil it all. i wouldnt buy one. besides that, your current amp is honestly a lot better then the spider.
there's really no point to buying the line6 at this point, I agree that they're not that bad, but only if it's like the low watt practice amp.
The head is one of the worst things you could buy.
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
Quote by xbouncer927
i liked how the line 6 sound
alotta people hate them just because other people hate them
and yea my vox is pretty decent but the tubed version sounds like crap

If you are talking about the AC series then no.
I no longer respect you as a person for saying that.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Quote by RHCPfan01
If you are talking about the AC series then no.
I no longer respect you as a person for saying that.

Jesus christ, ts is that what you meant?

On and ts, by buying a head, you realize you need more money for a cap right?
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
seriously dont buy it!!!
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Maybe you just need a new dist box and clean/fat boost? They can work wonders to make your amp sound more tubey.
Quote by RAT Girl
Maybe you just need a new dist box and clean/fat boost? They can work wonders to make your amp sound more tubey.

+1

i've the vox50vt and with my proco rat i could play all the styles i always wanted to play on my amp....i dont know any of your bands but if you want more or a better destortion than i would recommend buying a proco rat!!!
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
Turbo RAT starts to sound tubey with the distortion at 11:00 and Filter at around 10:00.

Actually, Box of Rock might be a good idea, since that does both clean boost and quality OD. Personally I'm not a huge fan of that kind of gain, the only lower gain Marshall sound I like is Tom Morello's, but you can get that with any decent OD and a bit of tweaking.

Though then again I'm not that big into "Tubey" stuff. I find it often rounds the tone off too much. I like a lot of harsher tones like Daniel Ash's crazy stuff. I think RATs have an extra bite that you wouldn't get with Tube-based gain.
Last edited by RAT Girl at Nov 15, 2007,
but if he likes the line6 he should get it, cause enjoying your music is what its all about.......though i wouldnt buy it myself...
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...