Hi, my friend is looking for a decent, but not too expensive bass. Unfortunately he can spend at the MOST 180 bucks, and he's probably looking to buy it off Ebay.

As I said, he's never even plucked the string from a bass, so it doesn't have to have a dozen "cool" features on it, he just needs something that will sound decent, and that won't break down too easily.

Any help would be appreciated,

EDIT: OH CRAP, does this go in Guitar+Bass Basics section of forum? If so, please move, and sorry.
Last edited by FelixJZ at Nov 14, 2007,
I have currently a Yamaha RBX170.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-RBX170-Bass-101834489-i1146652.gc

Brand new, it's at $180.
Its tone is pretty universal (I play hard rock).

The stock strings still seem pretty sturdy after about 5 months of playing, and they sound pretty good at Drop D, but when you get down to Drop C or C#, the string gets REALLY loose and the whole thing sounds ugly.

I'm playing off a Behringer BXL900, and the tone's still not that bad even for such a crappy amp company.
Quote by Captain Insano
Squier Jazz Bass or Ibanez GSR200.

/thread.

Agreed.
www.myspace.com/abnegative <<< Check It!
Quote by Captain Insano
Squier Jazz Bass or Ibanez GSR200.

/thread.

i 3rd the motion
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Last edited by 14shadesofblue at Nov 14, 2007,
One thing I have noticed, people are always coming in and posting here for their friends, which is cool and all, but do no wanna be bass players and web access?
Anway I would highly recomend the LTD series, the B-10 is an under-rated bass
(though very hard to find, you may have better like with a B-50), or the rockbass series, which are also very good for the price.

Link to the LTD B-10
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Nov 15, 2007,