ok so next friday i'm going to buy my first electric at guitar center. I've got 2000 saved up but i still haven't really made up my mind on a guitar. Either the John Mayer sig strat, the american deluxe tele, or the les paul standard in light burst finish. anyways, im a newb with electrics so i was wondering if u guys could help me out. ive been playin for about 1 1/2 years, play mostly blues, pschedelic, classic rock, and i'm getting to the point where i think its time to crossover from my acoustic to an electric.
$2000 is a lot for a first guitar. I would put about $500-$700 into a guitar and the rest into a good amp. Are you gonna stick to those styles or try something new?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
$2000 is a lot for a first guitar. I would put about $500-$700 into a guitar and the rest into a good amp. Are you gonna stick to those styles or try something new?

+1
You should try out a lot of guitars and see how it goes. Like mafropetee said, 2000 is a whole lot for a first guitar. Might want to spend some of that on a really good amp.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Yeah, spend around 700-800 on a guitar, and get a decent tube combo for an amp.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
2000 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
well the guitars you mentioned have great resale value....so if you wanna change up you could always put em on ebay

but I do second on thinking about your whole setup...unlike acoustics you need an amp to be heard clearly on electrics
Quote by mafropetee

...it's not his first guitar...

I'd get this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Elitist-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518403

Dunno' about what amp...
Last edited by TSelman at Nov 14, 2007,
Quote by TSelman
...it's not his first guitar...

I'd get this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Elitist-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518403

Dunno' about what amp...

I'm going to vote for an american strat, and a deluxe reverb+an OD pedal!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
ok i didnt wanna sound like a tool and say this before but im a pretty good player, typically i practice for about 2-3 hours a day so i know what i'm doing here, just wondering if you guys had any experience with these guitars.