Well, i have an old T.A.Lawrence (3/4 size i think but for sure smaller then norm) Acoustic Guitar. I have started learning guitar and have wanted to buy a electric guitar to learn on. What would you recomend i look for in a guitar when buying one? im going to the local guitar shop next week to take alook at a few. Any reccomendations would be great thank you?
Answer these questions if you could and I'll reccomend one.

1- What is your amp?
2- If you don't have one, what is your budget for one?
3- How long have you been playing?
4- What is your budget for a guitar?
5- What kind of music do you play?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Ok to answer your questions.

1- What is your amp? Dont have one
2- If you don't have one, what is your budget for one? The cheapest one possible but that it will also sound good as i wont need it up very loud as its just for private practice
3- How long have you been playing? I have been playing it for maybe a month now.
4- What is your budget for a guitar? My budget for a guitar is probably from 120-250.
5- What kind of music do you play? I will probably wanna play rock once i become good enough to play.
go up to ure local music store and talk to some ppl but i recomend the peavy raptor plus package, u can go to a vintage channel on teh amp and make distortion without having to buy any pedals this early and the guitar has singles and a humbucker and a 5 way switch, with tremelo so u get the bang for ure buck there
Quote by kriscornella2@g
No. Argument if i hear fall out boy i get so angry i am more likely to kick someones ass than when i listen to iron maiden

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

FREE WARPED TOUR TICKETS!!!
zune. i <3 my turd brown 30 gig.
Quote by Odin93
Ok to answer your questions.

1- What is your amp? Dont have one
2- If you don't have one, what is your budget for one? The cheapest one possible but that it will also sound good as i wont need it up very loud as its just for private practice
3- How long have you been playing? I have been playing it for maybe a month now.
4- What is your budget for a guitar? My budget for a guitar is probably from 120-250.
5- What kind of music do you play? I will probably wanna play rock once i become good enough to play.

Well since you're just starting and not sure if you're serious yet, I'd reccomend a squier stratocaster and a Roland MicroCube amplifier. Strats can get down to $99, and the amp is around the same. Keep in mind that the beginner guitars are much less pleasant to play than the more expensive ones, but the Roland amp is a joy to use, its a great little amplifier.

The roland has a metal-style setting, classic setting, british setting, black panel, rough clean, clean clean, and acoustic presets. Its perfect because it can do pretty much every style decentlyl if you're just starting out.

Good luck man.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
yes a strat and a micro cube can do anything, and strats are the easiest guitar to mod in the world. and if you want a little more in your playing, you can always swap a single coil for a humbucker.