yeah, so I am in need of a half stack or a full stack for some small gigs, for half stack im looking to pay the price of 300-600. or full stack somewhere between 500-700...I know the full stack is doubtful but maybe someone has something. Or if you have any tips of what to get that is welcome to. Thanks in advance.
get a 50 watt tube combo

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
your new... so im taking it easy... YOU DO NOT NEED A HALF STACK NOR A FULL STACK FOR SMALL GIGGIN'... with a 40W+ tube COMBO would be more than enough... maybe even too much

EDIT: please read again
Last edited by just17n8 at Nov 14, 2007,

dude guys just let him get whatever he wants man.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest

dude guys just let him get whatever he wants man.

actually you're right... ...

so... TS whats you music style?
if your mind is really set on just halfstacks, which honestly im guessing you havent heard what many tube combos can rip, check out the old vintage traynor heads on ebay. they're relatively cheap but the best for the price. youl have spend another few hundred on a good cab though, which is why a 4x10 combo is really the easiest and cheapest way to do it
'69 fender tele thinline semi-hollow
ts808
fender blues deville 410
oh, I really wasn't sure what to get. I was just gonna go with a halfstack so I had the option to go on the my nebraska's summer tour which is small to mid-sized shows. Is there any more information you can give me on the combo's. I don't know anything about amps. But if there is any gear i am interested
Quote by captain_clegg
I don't know anything about amps.

Here's your first bit of info:
You don't need a half stack, and you aren't going to get a decent one at that pricerange.
A 30-50 watt valve combo is more than you'll ever need
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
i have my half stack for sale right now, hardly used. 300 bones.
look up a half stack on ebay called a So-Cal 50 by epiphone
very versitile
i want to get one
Itunes podcast!
search DJ Shi

Schecter Damien-6
B.C. Rich warlock w/ zakk wylde bullseye
Digi-tech Synth Wah
Ibanez WD-& Wah Pedal
Fender G-DEC
Dude I just got a Mesa F-50, if I turn the thing past like 2.5~3/10 it starts ripping paint of my walls...

On a serious note, yes I did get it and yes its loud, I can actually feel my walls vibrate and objects shaking if I turn it past 2-3/10.
You dont need a half stack. I made the same mistake, bought a kickass 5150 half stack, and I regretted it, it was such a waste of cash. Yeah, kickass amp, but not necessary....
i havnt had any problems with it. nor have i ever heard of any problems. i have 2 buddies witht eh same amp that are in a band with 0 problems. on the other hand. i had to throw away my line 6 seeing that it was such a POS.
Well I'm just going to go ahead and assume you're playing metal, since 3/4 of this forum is anyway.

I have a 5150 Combo for sale and so far is your best bet out of what's been posted BY FAR. But I realize this may sound a little subjective since I'm the one selling it, but ask anyone else here who's posted and they'll tell you the same.

Check it out, the link's in my sig, also PM'd you!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
roger that matrix claw. IF you just want sick metal tones, 5150 is ONE of the better ways to go. However, if you need cleans, which Im not sure you do, then the 5150 wouldnt be prime.
Quote by ASGTrace
roger that matrix claw. IF you just want sick metal tones, 5150 is ONE of the better ways to go. However, if you need cleans, which Im not sure you do, then the 5150 wouldnt be prime.

This is true, though I have the Hi-Gain JJs in mine, which actually seemed to make the rhythm channel surprisingly better on its cleans.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com